Joe Joe is offline

Default Eco-Sailing

El Lago Coffee Co & Caye Coffee to usher in new age of Eco-Sailing

The Sailing Vessel RedCloud has been converted to carry cargo. SCV
RedCloud will be departing Houston mid to late November to pick up her
first load of Caye Coffee coffee cargo from the Caye Coffee Ltd
located in San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize.

The press is invited to come and tour the Cutter Ketch Sailing Cargo
Vessel RedCloud and the EL Lago Coffee Co.’s facility located at 4141
NASA Road 1 EL Lago Texas Friday November 16 and sample Caye Coffee's
coffee.

Please RSVP or call 281-532-0248

With fair winds and favorable seas SCV RedCloud hopes to return in
time to list the Caye Coffee cargo on e-bay just before Christmas.

The ELLago Coffee Company, in association with Caye Coffee will be
importing the Caye Coffee coffee (10,000 LBS per trip) in an eco-
friendly sustainable way to the USA aboard the sailing vessel
RedCloud. This will be, according to William Ukers all about coffee,
the first time since the Braque Padang arrived in NYC Christmas day
1914 that coffee has been imported to the USA via sailing vessel.

It's the dawn of the new age of Eco-Sailing.

After sampling many, many coffee's from all over the Central America
and the Caribbean, the El Lago coffee Co. selected the Ambergris
Caye’s Caye Coffee Ltd. Coffee products to import for several
reasons. The main reason it is the BEST TASTING and FRESHEST coffee
that we sampled. Paul Claus, Roast-master and owner of Caye Coffee
Ltd, has perfected to a fine art, four different roast combos, from
his award-winning , organically grown, sun-dried and hand sorted
coffee beans, beans that are grown 5000 ft above sea level in
neighboring Guatemala.

Ambergris Caye is the perfect size port to promote environmental
awareness and preservation, and is located in a great central
collecting area reducing overland travel from the coffee plantations.
The harbor of San Pedro is in-accessible to any large ships due to her
shallow coral- laden harbor, and pristine barrier reefs.

The ElLago Coffee co. will be the only importer to the USA of
Belizean coffee.

With the high prices of oil affecting everyone on earth, and the fact,
coffee is the second largest traded commodity on earth after oil, the
goal of the El Lago Coffee company â„¢ and Caye Coffee Ltd is to be a
model of sustainability and profit, using 100% renewable energy
resources for others to follow.

By Eco-Sailing Caye Coffee Ltd’s organic, sun dried and hand sorted
coffee will hope to provide the public the cleanest and GREENEST
products in today's Green, Organic concise and aware world.

Our mission will be to deliver high quality, high demand, organic
coffee products shipped in a manner that fosters brand loyalty from
our customers and promotes environmental awareness and preservation.

ElLago Coffee Company, SCV RedCloud and Caye Coffee are currently
seeking donations of school supplies of pencils and paper, spiral
notebooks, computer equipment, new and used musical instruments or
anything else that could help the school children of San Pedro. We
have an empty ship heading south and will ship these items free. The
schools are very small over crowded and in need of any supplies.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the press and citizens
of Houston and of the USA for their generosity and hope everyone has a
chance to taste Caye Coffee coffee!

Contact Information:

EL Lago Coffee Co,
Capt Joe & Terry
281-532-0248
4141 NASA Road 1
El Lago Texas

Caye Coffee Ltd.
Roastmaster Paul Clause
Facilty Director Sara
011- 501-626-5701
Ambergris Caye
Belize C.A.

Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 9, 5:35 pm, "Roger Long" wrote:
How can I get some?

--
Roger Long

Thanks for asking.

As soon as we return we will be listing it all on e-bay.
We will be offering a Christmas pkg that includes all 4 select roasts
from Caye coffee, all freash roasted and packed in 4 seperate de-
gassing bags all in a mini burlap coffee bag with a collector label.
We will also have 1000 1 lb bags of each roast.

It will list on ebay at 14.95 a gift pkg, a perfect Christmas gift
for any sailor or coffee lover.

You Roger are invited here next Friday if you can make it for free
Caye coffee and a tour, after all I did use the math formula you
provided to determine how much cargo we can carry safely.

Joe

Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 10, 11:55 am, "Roger Long" wrote:
"Joe" wrote

You Roger are invited here next Friday if you can make it for free Caye
coffee and a tour, after all I did use the math formula you
provided to determine how much cargo we can carry safely.

Thanks very much but it's a bit far to go, even for good coffee and I've got
to haul my boat next week.

For the record, just in case you get abducted by aliens or have some other
mishap, I did not provide you with a formula to determine how much cargo you
can safely carry. I did give you a way to make a rough estimate of how much
your draft will change with the addition of weight. Whether your vessel is
"safe" at *any* particular draft is a very different question.

Even when I do a complete stability analysis, stability test, computer
model, Coast Guard stability criteria, loading conditions, righting arms,
wind heel area, etc., safety has little to do with it. The boiler plate in
the letter that accompanies such reports states that I am not expressing any
opinion about the vessel's safety or seaworthiness. I perform standard
calculations in accordance with a recognized methodology to determine
certain characteristics. International research and conventions has
produced a consensus that certain measures of these characteristics are
associated with vessels that have a reasonable chance of surviving the
effects of weather. Some of these measures have been turned into
regulation. It is the comparison of the characteristics found by the
calculations I perform with numbers determined by IMO, USCG, and other
organizations that makes the determination of safety, not my opinion.

It's a lot like the law. It doesn't guarantee justice. Having a legal
system increases order and civility and increases the probability of any
particular individual being treated justly but any individual can still
experience a severe miscarriage of justice. Even your USCG certificated
sailing vessel can be capsized (In fact, it may be more likely to be
capsized because of being designed to accomodate a stupid set of regulations
than if it were just designed to meet the rigors of the ocean. But, that's
another story and rant.).

I haven't got a clue whether you will be safe or not but I sure hope you get
back with that coffee.

Are you accepting pre-orders or is it all committed to Ebay? I'd like to
get some fresh off the dock. I can't help noticing that there is a certain
tension between sailboat speeds and the concept of "freshness" but the polar
bears would certainly thank you if they knew

BTW Do you plan to do this again? I'm sure you could get plenty of school
supplies with more lead time. My sailing partner would put your email in
the church bulletin except that time is now too short.

--
Roger Long

Yeah I was kidding on the safety thing, I've been loading boats all
my life and know how to secure cargo and when to say that's enough.

Yes we are planning on doing this full time if we can sell the coffee
fast enough. If we sell all the cargo before Christmas (our goal) we
will kick off in January for another load of mostly 1 lb packs. The
coffee will be about 3 weeks fresh roasted when it hits the market,
the average store bought is 6 mo to 3 yrs old. We plan on shipping
some green beans for the home roaster if thats not fresh enough. But
keep in mind IMO a great Roast master is almost as important as the
beans.

My sailing partner has rounded up 2 violens, 2 guitars, and a 2 drums
so far. She also has been in contact with Wal-Mart and they may come
through with a nice load of school supplies, if not we will spring for
as much as we can afford.

The schools have an average of 50 kids per class room . They are very
poor and shipping any supplies is very expensive for them. All the
school children are very polite and friendly.

School yard
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/287...63212926IYXKlP

The dock
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/200...63212926lSCITj

Dirt Bags?
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/208...63212926qbnnnT

From offshore San Pedro

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/208...63212926qbnnnT

400 YO anchor
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/230...63212926pRUVZj

Roller on the reef
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/213...63212926pRrgfN

Caye Coffee
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/239...63212926dJhhJY

Airport Cauker Caye
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/260...63212926CIVDtI

Da Plane
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/230...63212926YgCLdk

Dr. Jackson & Terry & Dog
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/229...63212926HhoLZk

Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 10, 1:02 pm, Joe wrote:
[...]

School yardhttp://sports.webshots.com/photo/2876755830063212926IYXKlP

The dockhttp://sports.webshots.com/photo/2000261720063212926lSCITj

Dirt Bags?http://sports.webshots.com/photo/208...63212926qbnnnT

From offshore San Pedro

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/208...63212926qbnnnT

400 YO anchorhttp://sports.webshots.com/photo/2305255530063212926pRUVZj

Roller on the reefhttp://sports.webshots.com/photo/2138748320063212926pRrgfN

Caye Coffeehttp://sports.webshots.com/photo/2394901020063212926dJhhJY

Airport Cauker Cayehttp://sports.webshots.com/photo/2609329090063212926CIVDtI

Da Planehttp://sports.webshots.com/photo/2309618830063212926YgCLdk

Dr. Jackson & Terry & Doghttp://sports.webshots.com/photo/2295913100063212926HhoLZk- Hide quoted text -

Oh forgot.. No we are not comitted to sell on ebay just feel it's a
good ave to mkt.
We will be selling it here in El-Lago at the dock, and hang a shingle
on the internet. We haven't taken any orders yet, and I hate to sell
anything I don't have in hand. As soon as we hit the dock I'll post a
link to order....Thanks for your support.

Joe

Bob Bob is offline

We will be selling it here in El-Lago at the dock, and hang a shingle
on the internet. ....

Thanks for your support.
Joe

Hi Joe:

Since youre carrying cargo for hire I am assuming RedCloud is USCG
Documented Coast Wise, compiles to the USCG manning requirements, and
of course when you off load those beans in the US its with union
longshore on a union dock?

So the boat with all the new (2005) LED lights you installed compiles
with whatever CFR Sub Chapter category RedCloud meets?

Oh, now that your a cargo boat does your insurance company know about
this?????

Or is this just some fly-by-night owner trying to dodge the IRS Hobby
Loss problem by helping poor children and smuggling coffee scam?

Good luck when you get boarded.................

Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

Don't throw cold water on the man's dream with real life facts.

Greg

"Bob" wrote in ...

of course when you off load those beans in the US its with

union
longshore on a union dock?

Union dock? Why, you want stale coffee?

SBV

Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 10, 3:51 pm, "Scotty" wrote:
"Bob" wrote in ...

of course when you off load those beans in the US its with

union
longshore on a union dock?

Union dock? Why, you want stale coffee?

SBV

No doubt..I'll unload my own coffee. I may form a new shortshoreman's
union local 1 at my dock and overpay myself. My vessel is an
uninspected vessel.

Joe

Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 10, 3:29 pm, Bob wrote:
We will be selling it here in El-Lago at the dock, and hang a shingle
on the internet. ....
Thanks for your support.
Joe

Hi Joe:

Since youre carrying cargo for hire I am assuming RedCloud is USCG
Documented Coast Wise, compiles to the USCG manning requirements, and
of course when you off load those beans in the US its with union
longshore on a union dock?

Do you have a master's ticket Bob?

Who says I'm carrying cargo for hire? Bonehead, it's my boat and my
cargo.

I'll have a proper bill of laiden, I have my FDA facility number, a
custom agent who is an expert in coffee clearing, have visited the
USCG, Homeland security, have my own non-union dock ect..ect..ect..

So the boat with all the new (2005) LED lights you installed compiles
with whatever CFR Sub Chapter category RedCloud meets?

Would I install them if they did not? (2005)?

Oh, now that your a cargo boat does your insurance company know about
this?????

What Insurance company? I did not know you were required to be insured
beyond liability in most places.

Or is this just some fly-by-night owner trying to dodge the IRS Hobby
Loss problem by helping poor children and smuggling coffee scam?

WTF is a Hobby Loss Problem?

Whats wrong Bob did they take your re-runs of Capt Kangaroo off the
air and your hemmoriods bugging ya from wearing out the armchair?

Good luck when you get boarded.................

Thanks

Joe

Bob

Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 10, 5:34 pm, wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:24:51 -0800, Joe wrote:
On Nov 10, 3:51 pm, "Scotty" wrote:
"Bob" wrote in ...

of course when you off load those beans in the US its with
union
longshore on a union dock?

Union dock? Why, you want stale coffee?

SBV

No doubt..I'll unload my own coffee. I may form a new shortshoreman's
union local 1 at my dock and overpay myself. My vessel is an
uninspected vessel.

Joe

If your boat is documented with just a "recreational" endorsement, it cannot be
used for commerce. For foreign trade, there are additional endorsements required
as well.- Hide quoted text -

If.....sockpuppet ...you are full of if's

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

--Rudyard Kipling

Joe Goes Sailing Capt. Rob ASA 3 April 19th 07 05:51 AM
Sailing, sailing... cavelamb himself Cruising 0 April 1st 07 04:38 PM
Sailing World and US Sailing Bart Senior ASA 8 March 24th 06 11:47 PM
Sailing and RSI.. Arwen Lune Tall Ships 9 May 12th 04 06:52 PM
The End of Alt.Sailing.Asa Bertie the Bunyip ASA 18 August 13th 03 02:36 AM