posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default dead engines, kayaks, and powerboaters

richforman wrote:

I'm not sure if I'll make the same trip a third time, probably would
go someplace different next time I can go on a summer vacation, but I
think we did catch pretty much every lighthouse (and lots more) in the
whole area on the first trip back in '05, here's a link on the off
chance that you'd be interested in browsing my wife's lovely pics of
the area -

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...omshare& Ux=1

richforman

Much as I'd like to view the album, Kodak wants me to join up and I've
already got my name and e-mail address in too many places. First
picture looks like the Bonnycastle at Alex Bay.

Cheers
Marty

On Dec 11, 9:28 pm, Marty wrote:

First
picture looks like the Bonnycastle at Alex Bay.

Is that a nickname for it? I have never heard that but since you're a
local I'll definitely take your word for it. I'm sure you know that
it's usually referred to as Boldt castle. The pictures in that album
I linked are from all over the Thousand Islands and surrounding area
but Boldt castle is the subject of probably more than any other sight.

Oh yes, I realized that you can also see two dozen of her favorite of
those pictures without having to register or anything (like you would
on Kodak), just by checking out her ebay sto click on "Thousand
Islands, NY" on the list at the left. Some nice ones with little
stories and descriptions of the various lighthouses, bridges and other
sights in the pictures (be very happy to have you let me know if any
of the information in the descriptions is wrong) - most of these pics
were taken from the waverunner.

http://stores.ebay.com/Formans-Featu...8Q2em118QQtZkm

richforman

On Dec 12, 5:31 pm, Marty wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 11, 9:28 pm, Marty wrote:

[...]

http://stores.ebay.com/Formans-Featu...sidZp1638Q2em1...

richforman

Nice picture Rich, everthing looks good. The picture that came up at
the Kodak site was the Bonnie Castle Resort in Alex. Bay, see;http://www.bonniecastle.com/

Boldt Castle is just Boldt Castle.

Cheers
Marty- Hide quoted text -

Right you are - I was confused, didn't realize which picture you saw -
now I remember that (Bonnie Castle) was another hotel, right across
the little canal from where we stayed with the waverunner tied up for
a week, at I believe the Riverside (Riverfront?) Marina/Resort, in
fact we had lunch over there one die. I was confused because (I
think) it's not actually a castle (that's why I thoughot you had it
confused with Boldt), but rather, I guess is called that because it's
right across the bay from Boldt Castle with a lurvely view of it.

Cheers right back atcha
richforman

anti fatigue mats for powerboaters to stand on captkeywest General 6 July 1st 05 01:30 PM
Our Hero is Dead, Dead, Dead John Gaquin General 46 July 2nd 04 12:16 PM
Lee Engines Harry Graham Boat Building 2 May 31st 04 05:41 AM
BMC engines Nick Boat Building 2 February 25th 04 07:35 PM
Engines going out Bertie the Bunyip ASA 29 October 19th 03 06:36 PM