Bertie the Bunyip

Default Engines going out

"Von Fourche" wrote in
ink.net:

What are the chances of one engine going out in a 747 during
flight?

Depends

I'm not talking about an engine falling off the jet, but just stop
working. Also, what are the chances of two, three, and four engines
going out? What about the two jet engines on a 777?

Remote.

Bertie

?Just wondering
what the odds were.

Thanks!

Bertie the Bunyip

"Flounder" wrote in
ink.net:

Did you know a 747 can carry five engines. There's an extra inner pylon
mount on the port wing for ferrying engines.

I did, as a matter of fact!

Bertie

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Von Fourche" wrote in
ink.net:

What are the chances of one engine going out in a 747 during
flight?

Depends

I'm not talking about an engine falling off the jet, but just stop
working. Also, what are the chances of two, three, and four engines
going out? What about the two jet engines on a 777?

Remote.

Bertie

?Just wondering
what the odds were.

Thanks!

Brooks Hagenow

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Flounder" wrote in
ink.net:

Did you know a 747 can carry five engines. There's an extra inner pylon
mount on the port wing for ferrying engines.

I did, as a matter of fact!

Bertie

Prove it.

So, I now I wonder why just the port wing? If you are going to have an
extra pylon on one wing, why not both?

MMO

Getting back to the original question...

Twin-engine turbine powered commercial aeroplanes have an "in-flight
propulsion system shutdown rate" of approx 0.02 per 1000 hours.
(Source: ICAO ETOPS approval papers)

You will have to work the rest out. That's all I can help you with.

Regards

om...

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"Von Fourche" wrote in
ink.net:

What are the chances of one engine going out in a 747 during
flight?

Depends

I'm not talking about an engine falling off the jet, but just stop
working. Also, what are the chances of two, three, and four engines
going out? What about the two jet engines on a 777?

Remote.

Bertie

?Just wondering

what the odds were.

Thanks!

Bertie the Bunyip

"Brooks Hagenow" wrote in
y.com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Flounder" wrote in
ink.net:

Did you know a 747 can carry five engines. There's an extra inner
pylon mount on the port wing for ferrying engines.

I did, as a matter of fact!

Bertie

Prove it.

I just did.

So, I now I wonder why just the port wing? If you are going to have
an extra pylon on one wing, why not both?

not a lot of call for transporting two engines to a stricken machine. And
if you did need even a whole set, all you'd have to do is cycle them out
there one at a time on your scheduled service.

Bertie
Bertie the Bunyip

matt colie wrote in
:

Flounder,
Tell me if you looked twice when you saw the 5 engine version. I sure
did.

To some others posting:
I am told be a friend that is an airline wrench that all 747 have the
transport keystone (thing the pylon mounts to) plate in one wing
typically port - some were special ordered with it starboard, but he
saw no indication for both sides.

The extra engine has to be fitted with fairingson the ends and has not
provision to be fueled.

Those things are much too big to actually fly.

and they'r enot nearly the biggest thing flying. I saw the Ant224 a few
years ago ('88 I think) in Paris and it just took up the whole sky from
where I stood.

Bertei

Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e"

Flounder wrote:
Did you know a 747 can carry five engines. There's an extra inner
pylon mount on the port wing for ferrying engines.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

"Von Fourche" wrote in
thlink.net:

What are the chances of one engine going out in a 747 during
flight?

Depends

I'm not talking about an engine falling off the jet, but just stop
working. Also, what are the chances of two, three, and four engines
going out? What about the two jet engines on a 777?

Remote.

Bertie

?Just wondering

what the odds were.

Thanks!

matt colie

Flounder wrote:
Did you know a 747 can carry five engines. There's an extra inner pylon
mount on the port wing for ferrying engines.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

"Von Fourche" wrote in
hlink.net:

What are the chances of one engine going out in a 747 during
flight?

Depends

I'm not talking about an engine falling off the jet, but just stop
working. Also, what are the chances of two, three, and four engines
going out? What about the two jet engines on a 777?

Remote.

Bertie

?Just wondering

what the odds were.

Thanks!

Huh? Diesel engines don't last 800 hours before major repairs?? JAXAshby General 209 August 14th 04 12:58 PM
Lee Engines Harry Graham Boat Building 2 May 31st 04 05:41 AM
Oil cooler in Turbocharged Engines Pascal Goncalves Boat Building 8 April 14th 04 01:18 AM
2 x marine diesel engines for sale UK webmaster UK Power Boats 0 April 2nd 04 03:50 PM
Honda 4 stroke engines Dan General 11 August 13th 03 02:25 PM