Default The Boat Who Wouldn't Float - why not?

Just finished re-reading Farley Mowat's "The Boat Who Wouldn't Float" and
although it's a great read, I'm always frustrated by the ending. OK,
Farley be b'y probably got the story by re-telling the Tall Tales he heard
in Newfie bars, but there's usually SOME truth to any Tall Tale. And,
although they did EVERYTHING I could think of to fix the leak (including
epoxying the entire hull!) it still leaked. Then, at the end of the story,
"Doc Dawson, the shipyard owner" did SOMETHING and "she hasn't leaked a
drop ever since".

Anybody know the Real Story? Why did she leak, and what did the Venerable
Doctor do to cure it?

druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org

Float away theft - your boats gone! Mashy Cruising 3 February 6th 07 04:06 AM
Glen Canyon float riverman General 3 May 8th 06 04:44 PM
Boat Float experiences Jack General 2 March 2nd 06 08:08 PM
Sunglasses that float? (or don't sink!) X-Addict General 16 October 17th 04 03:14 AM
Will the old boat float? Chris General 8 September 25th 04 04:06 AM