Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.paddle
riverman

Default Glen Canyon float

Now that the water is incredibly low, I am feeling very tempted to float the
river this summer. Of all the stretches of water in the world, I have had a
lifelong regret that I never got to see Glen Canyon before Lake Powell
filled it up.

Has anyone here gone down the new river in recent years? Tell me about
put-in, take out, how much fla****er is there, and are the beaches all mud
still, or is some of it drying out for camping out. Can you hike some side
canyons; is Music Temple exposed. The register at Register Rock?

I think I'd consider taking my Blue Hole 17A with a small outboard for the
long flats. I'd probably rig something like a backboard thing that could lay
above the thwarts to sleep on if the banks were too muddy, and give myself
several weeks to do it.

What info is out there? This could be the last chance in our lifetimes to
see the Glen.

--riverman

Boat Float experiences Jack General 2 March 2nd 06 08:08 PM
Adding an electrical bilge pump [email protected] Boat Building 18 February 4th 06 08:03 PM
Sticky Float in Carburetor Kellielabs General 2 January 4th 06 06:55 AM
Grand Canyon pix Bill Tuthill General 14 December 20th 05 05:37 PM
If they float beat them with a Bible! Bob Crantz ASA 0 November 17th 05 11:41 PM