posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default If they float beat them with a Bible!

Four women forced to consume human excreta in Orissa
Uparkhandadhar (Orissa), Nov.14 : In a revolting incident of superstition
some villagers in Uparkhandadhar village of Sundergarh district in Orissa
allegedly forced four women accused of being witches to eat human excreta
under the disguise of witches. The police have arrested eight persons,
including two women for this heinous action.

These four women were locked in a room for three days by six men and two
women. They were allegedly forced to pay a fine of 500 rupees each and
forced to consume human excreta.

"They beat us with a bible and said we were lying and that we are practicing
witchcraft. They also fined us for it and forced us to consume human
excreta," said Kapri, one of the victim.

According to police, the four women were tortured as they were accused of
practicing sorcery and spreading disease in the village.

"Our police team rushed to the spot and rescued the four women. We also
filed cases against the two women and eight men accused of branding four
women as witches. We also filed a Court challan against them," said
Bibudhendu Ku Aich, Officer In Charge, Lahunipara.

The Government of Orissa has a law against aiding and abetting witchcraft.

In 1999, the Government also passed an act against witchcraft, "Witch
Prohibition Act-1999", according to which six months imprisonment and a fine
of 2,000 rupees can be imposed on a person found guilty of torturing
innocent women.

Surprisingly, in most cases the practitioners of witchcraft as well as their
victims are women.

While cases of women practicing the occult is known, in most cases it is
innocent women who are branded as witches and subjected to torture and even
death.

Amen!

Beat yourselves silly! Capt. Rob ASA 6 November 17th 05 11:34 PM
35s5 Beat up! Clutch Cargo ASA 1 November 4th 05 09:28 PM
We beat the French - 200 years ago!! CJB Tall Ships 4 October 23rd 05 01:32 PM