CJB

Default We beat the French - 200 years ago!!

Trafalgar Weekend events

Thousands of people throughout the UK are expected to be involved in
this month's Battle of Trafalgar bicentenary celebrations over the
anniversary weekend.

As well as a host of formal activities, chiefly in London and Lord
Nelson's home port of Portsmouth, there will be thousands of
small-scale and private events, ranging from celebratory breakfasts to
parades, concerts and fireworks spectaculars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4291632.stm

But ...

Despite the tax-payers footing the bills - most of the events are
private especially those sponsored by the Royal Navy - only a few are
actually open to the public.

More details are supposed to be on the Trafalgar Weekend website -
http://www.trafalgarweekend.co.uk/ (but there are very few events
listed, in fact none, zero, zilch).

Other events are mentioned at - http://www.trafalgar200.com/ However
the small no. of tickets for the various events were snapped up months
ago. A huge majority of the tax-paying public once again are left out.

gordon

CJB wrote:
Trafalgar Weekend events

Thousands of people throughout the UK are expected to be involved in
this month's Battle of Trafalgar bicentenary celebrations over the
anniversary weekend.

Except the program makers at the BBC!

Brian Watson

"gordon" wrote in message
CJB wrote:
Trafalgar Weekend events

Thousands of people throughout the UK are expected to be involved in
this month's Battle of Trafalgar bicentenary celebrations over the
anniversary weekend.

Except the program makers at the BBC!

Good coverage on Friday's 6 o'clock news.

--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."

ianw

and an enjoyable prog on bbc2 until 7-30 friday

shazzbat

"ianw" wrote in message
and an enjoyable prog on bbc2 until 7-30 friday

There was a great moment in the South Today lunchtime coverage.

Sally was asking some naval officer what was going to happen later and he
replied " At 6.00 pm Her Majesty the queen will arrive, companied by His
Royal Highness.......

Oh, the Duke of Edinburgh, that's it."

LMAO
Steve

Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
French bashing chicken Bryan General 0 October 8th 05 05:11 PM