Bryan

Default French bashing chicken

Via Fox News:

The French are at it again, this time accusing the U.S. restaurant
chain Subway of engaging in French-bashing. In a recent ad campaign
Subway promoted its chicken cordon bleu sandwich with a picture OF A
CHICKEN DRESSED AS NAPOLEON AND THE CAPTION "FRANCE AND
CHICKEN - SOMEHOW IT JUST GOES TOGETHER"

The ad sparked such a backlash from France's expatriate community that
Subway was forced to cancel the campaign. Critics took this as a
reference to French cowardice, while Subway insists it was simply
trying to equate its sandwiches with France's fine cuisine.

Suddenly, I'm in the mood for Subway veggie with cheese and oil on
wheat.

My problem with expatriates and illegal immigrants is that these people come
to this country and insist that we adapt to the way of life they've left
behind.

I, myself, believe you are what you eat, and they eat a lot of chicken in
france.

Me thinks I will take my wife to subway for dinner instead of that expensive
french place down the road.