Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default PerfectPitch prop from CDI

Anybody have experience with these? I am about to replace my fixed 3
bladed prop on my 8.5M S2. This looks like a potentially good
candidate replacement because they have already figured out which prop
works for a given boat and because they say they can put a larger prop
on with their "Extendo" system.
I am a little worried about the plastic of this prop not being able to
take my aggressive barnacle removal method. Is it easy enough to
remove that re-painting it every so-often works?
My old bronze prop has succumbed to corrosion and many impacts with
oyster beds and with a Laser mast in the water.

Now, one of the advantages of a 2 blade prop is that you can align it
with the keel for lower drag. How does one do this? Do you simply
mark the prop shaft inside the boat and then rotate it till your mark
is in the right place? This really seems like a PITA considering the
gawdawful engine installation on most boats. Even on my boat it
requires removing an engine panel and peering down into a dark space.
Is there any other system? Would the prop left in neutral auto-rotate
to the lowest drag position (I have never had a two blade prop so I
dont know) and stay?
Could I attach a magnet to the shaft so that it engages a magnetic
reed switch (non-contact) to tell me when it is in correct position?
Can you get it in correct position by "bumping" the start switch?

prop Chris General 8 September 26th 06 04:02 PM
'90 Sea Ray Prop Hit Don Dando General 0 August 18th 06 03:26 AM
Prop christopher krigbaum General 4 June 26th 04 01:07 PM
I got a used prop! Ree-Yees General 4 May 16th 04 01:16 AM
How to know what prop to get? Ree-Yees General 9 May 15th 04 01:57 AM