Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default PerfectPitch prop from CDI

On 2007-10-16 11:15:38 -0400, Frogwatch said:

Another reason for considering a two blade instead of simply replacing
my existing 3 blade is that I have been in a few races lately on other
boats and I might want to do club races in mine.

The 2-blade will probably be considerably less drag as I recall the CDI
blades being fairly high-aspect compared to the older 3-blade props.
They can afford to be because of the improved foil shape.

If you club race, you'll get a few seconds allowance for NOT having a
folding/feathering prop, but more important, in normal sailing, you'll
find yourself being able to sail in lighter air than you're used to.

We went from 2 blades to feathering 3-blade (to get rid of a harmonic
vibration) and move in amazingly light air. The only justification I
could give for getting that expen$ive prop was to amortize it over the
number of years we expected to have the boat, but it's proven to be
worth the investment -- to me.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD