Ree-Yees

Default I got a used prop!

It is used but it looks in top quality condition. Its far better than my
old one was when I got the boat. Cost me $80. The only difference is my old
one was a 17 pitch and this one is a 19.

Am I correct that the 19 will give me a higher top end but wont take off as
fast? I would be fine with that because when I would gun it the person
sitting behind me would fall out of their seat. Id like a few more mph
instead :-)

If the rain stops today Ill be right out there trying it out!

Thanks,
--C

Harry Krause

Ree-Yees wrote:

It is used but it looks in top quality condition. Its far better than my
old one was when I got the boat. Cost me $80. The only difference is my old
one was a 17 pitch and this one is a 19.

Am I correct that the 19 will give me a higher top end but wont take off as
fast? I would be fine with that because when I would gun it the person
sitting behind me would fall out of their seat. Id like a few more mph
instead :-)

If the rain stops today Ill be right out there trying it out!

Thanks,
--C

In theory, you might get a bit more top end. Doesn't always work that way.

Eisboch

"Ree-Yees" wrote in message

So the 19 might just be the same as the 17?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

In theory, you might get a bit more top end. Doesn't always work that

way.

It might. The right prop is one that allows your engine to achieve it's
rated RPM at wide open throttle. If you over prop (too high in pitch) and
the engine is labored and can't achieve it's WOT, you might even lose some
top end.

On small boats, the right prop choice is also influenced by the load you
carry in the boat. A 17 pitch might be fine for light loads (one or two
passengers) but a 15 pitch may be required if you decide to load the boat up
with a bunch of people, food and whatever. Most boaters find a happy
compromise, but some change props depending of the boat's usage for the day.

Eisboch

Ree-Yees

With the 17 pitch, 4 adults and 1 adult behind the boat in a tube the boat
took off plenty fast.

Rained all freaking day today but hopefully tomorrow I can get out there
with the 19 and test it out.

--C

"Eisboch" wrote in message
.. .

"Ree-Yees" wrote in message

[...]

Force Prop for 50HP outboard Bob La Londe General 2 April 28th 04 02:23 AM
Stainless Prop selection question Christopher Rugg General 2 April 12th 04 09:13 PM
which prop Tony Thomas General 0 July 30th 03 12:35 PM
Prop sizes/performance Steve Lomax General 6 July 23rd 03 11:49 PM
Prop question Frank Taylor, Jr. General 5 July 23rd 03 04:23 AM