Default How can a single woman go sailing around the world ?

What is the best way for a single middle-aged woman
(who is inexperienced but willing to share the expenses)
to find a position as a crew on a sailboat and go sailing
around the world or at least to the Caribbean, Hawaii, etc ?

TIA
Jackie Sparrow

wrote in message

What is the best way for a single middle-aged woman
(who is inexperienced but willing to share the expenses)
to find a position as a crew on a sailboat and go sailing
around the world or at least to the Caribbean, Hawaii, etc ?

TIA
Jackie Sparrow

Keep posting articles like this...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Sep 18, 11:05 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
wrote in message

What is the best way for a single middle-aged woman
(who is inexperienced but willing to share the expenses)
to find a position as a crew on a sailboat and go sailing
around the world or at least to the Caribbean, Hawaii, etc ?

TIA
Jackie Sparrow

Keep posting articles like this...

--
"j" ganz

Jackie,

I think you may find someone who will take you as crew . . . maybe
even someone you would want to crew for, but I think the posters here
have a point: that you need to be careful.

As Jimmy Buffet says in his song "Fins", "She's takin' care to look
for sharks. They hang out in the local bars, and they feed right after
dark." and "Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks
that can swim on the land."

With that said, I admire your courage to seriously consider the
notion, and wish you good voyages.

John

In article ,
"Capt. JG" wrote:

wrote in message

What is the best way for a single middle-aged woman
(who is inexperienced but willing to share the expenses)
to find a position as a crew on a sailboat and go sailing
around the world or at least to the Caribbean, Hawaii, etc ?

TIA
Jackie Sparrow

Keep posting articles like this...

I might be able to help...

email me at

ukmoleATNOSPAMyahoo.com
Bob Bob is offline

On Sep 18, 2:41 am, wrote:
What is the best way for a single middle-aged woman
(who is inexperienced but willing to share the expenses)
to find a position as a crew on a sailboat and go sailing
around the world or at least to the Caribbean, Hawaii, etc ?

TIA
Jackie Sparrow

Craigs List: W4M ... NSA..............
Bob

What is the best way for a single middle-aged woman...

Being the sometime cynic that I am...

I was kind of wondering if this is the emergence of another one
of Neale Warren's sock puppets. (smile)

Then again if this poster is for real... more power to her and
the related thread. And I apologize for questioning it's credi-
bility.

Just wondering...

Bill

Anacapa Isle Marina