Chuck Bollinger

Default Berthing a single engine cruiser in reverse

Chuck Bollinger wrote:

Peter wrote:

A bit of a fun java based docking simulator

http://spot.pcc.edu/~mtrigobo/docksim/index.html

Peter

www.oceanodyssey.net
"Do not measure your life by the number of breaths you take,
Rather by the number of times life just takes your breath away"

Excellent. Thank you. Here's another:

http://members.home.net/mltsoftware/docksim.html

Nice website, too. It'll take some time to peruse - in any hat.

After learning it didn't work I tried it and it didn't work for me. My browser
acted funny after that and lost a driver, but that may not be related to the
members.com site. I'm going to reboot a little later and try again.

Sorry - I should have tested it before posting.

Ghoti

Installing a bow thruster can help immensely if you find you can't "get it."
Ghoti

"Richard Malcolm" wrote in message
om...
Jere Lull wrote in message

In article ,
"John Smith" wrote:

I have a small single engine inboard/outboard cruiser which is

normally kept
on a mooring. I have just spent a few days at a berth and would like

some
references for articles on berthing under a range of conditions, to

improve
my skills and knowledge of the subject.

Any suggestions on the best source of articles etc?

I tried to send this earlier but it did not take so here goes my 2

cents

1-Pratice
2-Understand wind and current and use that
3-Understand which way you can steer in reverse becuase of paddlewheel
effect and use that.
4-Gain confidence and don't get rattled by onlookers
5-Go Slow and if (when) you hit something, there will be no damage
6-Pratice some more
there is a video on single engine I/O doccking that I bought at West
Marine, Maybe it could help

good luck

---

Jack Dale

Here's another:

http://members.home.net/mltsoftware/docksim.html

Chuck, this link doesn't seem to work, I just get a bunch of popups that
fight with my firewall. This link work for anyone else?

Try

http://mltsoftware.home.comcast.net/...m/docksim.html

It is the same java applet referred to in a previous message.

Jack

Jack Dale
Swiftsure Sailing Academy
Director/ISPA and CYA Instructor
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com
Phone: 1 (877) 470-SAIL (toll free)

Steve

"Ghoti" wrote in message
Installing a bow thruster can help immensely if you find you can't "get

it."
Ghoti

I have a small single engine inboard/outboard cruiser which is

As may be seen the OP is in regards to a 'small I/O cruiser..

It would be inappropriate and impactical to put a bow thruster on such a
shallow draft boat..

IMHO, as bow thruster is to compensate for poor boat handling skills.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions