Default Look Out! (or, night watches)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:13:00 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:41:33 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:
Bruce, everyone knows that REAL sailors stay the hell out of Thailand. ;-)

Say what? More boats coming every year. Wish you would spread the word
around so some of them would stay away.

Was really nice when I first moved the boat here. Marinas only about a
quarter full, the office was a shipping container they were so broke.
Offer to pay in advance and get 30% discount, plus they'd eat the
sales tax. Now we got the tourists and it has all changed.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

Your country has been on TV too much. The secret's out. ;-)

Nope. About 20 years ago the Thai's figured out that foreigners had
money and were( in the Thai's eyes) ready and willing to just **** it
away, so they formed the Tourist Authority of Thailand that has spent
the past twenty years telling literally everybody in the world to,
"come to Thailand." Twenty years later and the TAT did what they were
intended to, boosted the economy.

But it sure used to be nice when you paid $5.00 a month for a room and
(if you ate local food) you could exist on $0.50 a day. But beer was
$1.00 a litre.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:13:00 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:
Bruce, everyone knows that REAL sailors stay the hell out of Thailand.
;-)

[...]

Ah, the good old days......
I sure had my eyes opened when we visited Phuket the first of the year. A
lot different
from my travels in the 70's working in that area. Still not bad for a
holiday. I seriously
thought about looking for something for a few months a year.

Leanne

Sailing Watches Jack Dale Cruising 12 March 8th 06 05:35 AM
Quick poll-favorite/least favorite watches John Cairns ASA 6 January 23rd 06 04:36 PM
A night before ........... Wm Shakespeare Smithers General 1 December 15th 05 06:20 PM
Night Night, my little fishies! Bobsprit ASA 3 January 27th 04 03:03 AM