posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

Default Quick poll-favorite/least favorite watches

I'll go first, really don't have a least favorite watch, but oddly enough,
I'll have to say that the last watch before dawn is my fave, for various
reasons.

John Cairns

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

John Cairns wrote:
I'll go first, really don't have a least favorite watch, but oddly enough,
I'll have to say that the last watch before dawn is my fave, for various
reasons.

I don't have a least favorite watch, but somehow it seems
that more problems and/or gear failures occur when I'm off
watch and have to get up.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:41:41 GMT, "John Cairns"
wrote:

I'll go first, really don't have a least favorite watch, but oddly enough,
I'll have to say that the last watch before dawn is my fave, for various
reasons.

John Cairns

Same here. Least favorite, midnight - 0400
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Two favorite watches:

Rolex, Patek

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I like the watch no one else wants... usually that's the same as your
favorite. I don't mind an 11-3 am at all. That's when the stars are out.
Mid-day watches are ok too. You don't have to do much and everyone is around
and doing stuff.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"John Cairns" wrote in message
I'll go first, really don't have a least favorite watch, but oddly enough,
I'll have to say that the last watch before dawn is my fave, for various
reasons.

John Cairns

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Donal

"John Cairns" wrote in message
I'll go first, really don't have a least favorite watch, but oddly enough,
I'll have to say that the last watch before dawn is my fave, for various
reasons.

I am at a very low ebb between 2 am and 5 am.

However, a couple of years ago, I did a 26 hour trip. After 20 hours, I
slipped into a routine and I no longer felt the difference between one shift
and another. The other three members of the crew experienced the same
feeling.

I guess that when you settle into a routine, that it becomes easy.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior