Courtney Thomas,,,

Default experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?

Good ? Bad ?

Thank you.

LaBomba182

Subject: experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?
From: "Courtney Thomas,,,"

Good ? Bad ?

Great!

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

From: "Courtney Thomas,,,"

Good ? Bad ?

Great!

Capt. Bill
Ed

Good for many things... shallower the better, not good for current where
you want to stay still. (The loop in the line tugs relentlessly. )

I had them make me a dual 40' hose for my regular tank/reg for boat
maint... works great... I also use it for shallow dives... Beats the
heck out of dealing with the gas etc... only downside is I have to fill
air tanks instead of fuel tanks...

From: "Courtney Thomas,,,"

Good ? Bad ?

Thank you.

I have one of the older ones with the pulley and belt setup. It works great. I
had it mounted in an inflatable and had a lot of fun with it. I don't know what
the newer ones are like with the direct drive. The only downside I've seen are
the ones mounted on the inner tubes. They're a bit top heavy. I saw two guys
topple one doing a beach dive in 2-3 foot seas, unfortunately it was running.
Expensive dive!

Dennis

Frank Maier

"Courtney Thomas,,," asked:
Good ? Bad ?

Depending on your intended use, good for shallow diving. I'd recommend
that you get some SCUBA instruction before any kind of diving, even
for a device as "simple" as this.

Personally, in the realm where these things are useful, I'd rather
just snorkel and free dive, rather than mess with this type of device.
If I hafta/wanna support some kind of dive-related machine, I'd just
as soon go ahead and have a compressor to fill tanks.

YMMV,

Frank
Frank Maier

"Courtney Thomas,,," asked:
Good ? Bad ?

Depending on your intended use, good for shallow diving. I'd recommend
that you get some SCUBA instruction before any kind of diving, even
for a device as "simple" as this.

Personally, in the realm where these things are useful, I'd rather
just snorkel and free dive, rather than mess with this type of device.
If I hafta/wanna support some kind of dive-related machine, I'd just
as soon go ahead and have a compressor to fill tanks.

YMMV,

Frank

My Bad Experience With Overton's (long) Chief3mfc General 11 March 10th 04 02:19 AM
boat partner advice -- anyone with experience? Dustin General 11 March 2nd 04 02:33 PM
ALUMALOY: any experience? Dave General 6 February 16th 04 05:07 PM
Q: Any Experience With Simon Watts' "Building The Norwegian Sailing Pram"??? Gerry Wolfe Boat Building 9 January 24th 04 06:58 AM
Anyone know where to get good heavy weather instruction and experience? Matt/Meribeth Pedersen Cruising 5 December 1st 03 06:21 AM