BoatBanter.com

-   -   experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8442-experience-brownies-third-lung.html)

Courtney Thomas,,, December 12th 03 05:28 PM

experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?

Good ? Bad ?

Thank you.

LaBomba182 December 12th 03 05:36 PM

experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?

Subject: experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?
From: "Courtney Thomas,,,"

Good ? Bad ?

Great!

Capt. Bill

LaBomba182 December 12th 03 05:36 PM

experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?

From: "Courtney Thomas,,,"

Good ? Bad ?

Great!

Capt. Bill

Den73740 December 12th 03 10:24 PM

experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?

From: "Courtney Thomas,,,"

Good ? Bad ?

Thank you.

I have one of the older ones with the pulley and belt setup. It works great. I
had it mounted in an inflatable and had a lot of fun with it. I don't know what
the newer ones are like with the direct drive. The only downside I've seen are
the ones mounted on the inner tubes. They're a bit top heavy. I saw two guys
topple one doing a beach dive in 2-3 foot seas, unfortunately it was running.
Expensive dive!

Dennis

Den73740 December 12th 03 10:24 PM

experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?

Ed December 12th 03 11:56 PM

experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?

Good for many things... shallower the better, not good for current where
you want to stay still. (The loop in the line tugs relentlessly. )

I had them make me a dual 40' hose for my regular tank/reg for boat
maint... works great... I also use it for shallow dives... Beats the
heck out of dealing with the gas etc... only downside is I have to fill
air tanks instead of fuel tanks...

Frank Maier December 13th 03 04:38 AM

experience with a Brownie's Third Lung ?

"Courtney Thomas,,," asked:
Good ? Bad ?

Depending on your intended use, good for shallow diving. I'd recommend
that you get some SCUBA instruction before any kind of diving, even
for a device as "simple" as this.

Personally, in the realm where these things are useful, I'd rather
just snorkel and free dive, rather than mess with this type of device.
If I hafta/wanna support some kind of dive-related machine, I'd just
as soon go ahead and have a compressor to fill tanks.

YMMV,

Frank