m Ransley

Default Marine stereos

You got it right Jeff. Bill cant answer my Questions. He just side
tracks everyone, as I made no statement in original post. Im trying to
learn and from what ive seen, read and heard im correct in my belief .

Bobsprit

You got it right Jeff. Bill cant answer my Questions. He just side
tracks everyone, as I made no statement in original post. Im trying to
learn and from what ive seen, read and heard im correct in my belief .

Are you learning? Foam surrounds in many auto speakers won't last against salt
water.

RB

m Ransley

Gee I never said FOAM , I said Rubber as in Butyl . Read O.P. Foam on
interior house speaker is crap, UV in a house will trash them in 7 yrs,
in a car even less, on a boat I wouldnt think of foam. Ive paid to much
over the years only replacing Foam surrounds. Your high quality car
speakers are Not foam surrounds. Foam is not UV and heat stable, and is
fragile.

Bobsprit

Gee I never said FOAM , I said Rubber as in Butyl . Read O.P. Foam on
interior house speaker is crap, UV in a house will trash them in 7 yrs

You don't know much about speakers. My Snells are among the better speakers
around. They have foam surrounds. So do my old Snells, which are over 10 years
old. The foam is perfect. My Carver's ribbon panels have 6 12 inch subs with
foam surrounds...all perfect after 9 years. My Royd Conistan R's, also among
the better speakers in the world...foam surrounds.
Shall I go on?
Interesting that my NEW B&W center channel (CDM series) says to keep moisture
away from the cone.
Come back when you can purchase a clue someplace. My suggestion is to stop
reading Stereo Review.

RB

Bobsprit

Foam surrounds. Your high quality car
speakers are Not foam surrounds. Foam is not UV and heat stable, and is
fragile.

Only if you buy cheap speakers. I had a pair of JBLs with foam surrounds that
fell apart as well as a pair of bargain Heybrook HB-1s. Interesting that none
of the really high end speakers had a problem.

RB

m Ransley

BOB we are talking car and marine, and i know alot about speakers and
dont read that magazine My Tannoys, Urei 809 and JBL are fine, Sun
affects them . Id suggest you get on track . You assumed I meant foam
for car and marine.

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Marine stereos m Ransley Cruising 10 December 9th 03 11:43 PM
Marine stereos m Ransley General 14 December 9th 03 02:56 PM
marine stereos m Ransley Boat Building 4 December 8th 03 11:55 PM
Marine stereos Bobsprit Cruising 0 December 8th 03 03:38 AM