m Ransley

Default Marine stereos

First Binary Bill Aj trolls ara us. Read my OP I asked a question ,
I Made no statement here, dont put words in my mouth and missquote me.
At AHR I put a price of under 400 as what units I knew were Car units.
But that is what my dealer just verified. Sylvan pontoon boats come
with Clarion , labeled as marine but actualy a car head. He said he
just got in a 179$ Marine CD unit , well at that price there is no way
its waterproofed or moistureproof. Now Speakers .He said Sylvans use
car speakers as do most . Of course, the best Plastic cone Plastic
dust cap, and rubber surrounds. Well any speaker works under water,
Jimi Hendrix stuck old Marshall greenbacks in a bath tub on Electric
Ladyland. The wires are sealed just like an electric motors, or else
you wouldnt generate magnetism. Todays Car speakers are basicly plastic
cone and water proof from the front
You say you have rebuilt JBLs for 30 yrs, and you are a tile man for 30
yrs, and an architect. And you have laid 1,000,000 ft of laminate wood
flooring, You must be an old guy. But we know that aint true is it.
Actualy I bet I own more JBL than you have touched.

Bobsprit

Todays Car speakers are basicly plastic
cone and water proof from the front

Wrong. Foam surrounds on many auto speakers will not withstand a salt water
environment.

RB

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Marine stereos m Ransley Cruising 10 December 9th 03 11:43 PM
Marine stereos m Ransley General 14 December 9th 03 02:56 PM
marine stereos m Ransley Boat Building 4 December 8th 03 11:55 PM
Marine stereos Bobsprit Cruising 0 December 8th 03 03:38 AM