rock_doctor

Default Night vision monocular - cheap ones ?? RANT

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:18:58 -0500, "rock_doctor"
wrote:
Nice post! Factual, informative, interesting, useful.
But how does HF sell the same item for half price?
$70 vs $140 Amazing...

I think they buy in high quantity and don't mark up too much. I have
several of their tools (90 wire welder $99 for example) and find their
products to be quite good. Plus I suspect that since these items are made
in Russia they buy directly from the manufacturer for a reduced rate and
import it themselves while the other venders mark-up and probably buy from
other importers.

good luck,
mark

Dan Best

Default Harbor Freight - was: Night vision monocular

rock_doctor wrote:
I ... find their
products to be quite good.

I fairly regularly buy from them, but am afraid I'd have to disagree as
to their quality. Their prices can't be beat, but I've had multiple
experiences of products failing very early (drill press, grinder, etc.)
or of their being made of very poor quality metal (hand tools). It
doesn't keep me from doing business with them, but I do so with my eyes
open.
--
Dan Best - (707) 431-1662, Healdsburg, CA 95448
B-2/75 1977-1979

Florida Keyz

good one grandma!
Florida Keyz

good one grandma!

Very cheap and low power anchor lights Dave Erickson Cruising 13 May 29th 13 02:38 PM
GPS And Night Vision Freddy General 0 July 24th 04 02:07 AM
FS: some cheap boats in Ontario, Canada news General 0 July 11th 04 05:41 PM
Night vision scope Peter Janssen General 8 December 11th 03 03:52 PM
DAMMIT ICOM WHY SO CHEAP?!! Larry Cruising 18 September 14th 03 11:42 PM