Dwight Jones

Default Coastal Cruising

I am finally financially able to purchase a powerboat capable of coastal
cruising. My wife and I currently own two other boats, both small craft for
fishing and water-sports (under 25'). We are looking for something in the
35'-45' length, with 400-500 mi. of range, full nav and comm electronics,
with sleeping for 4, diesel engines and less than 5 years old. We've been
looking at Sea-Ray boats primarily, but will consider other manufacturers.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dwight

Bruce

Your wishlist is way to large and includes every power boat over 30...ever
made. Try to narrow it down. For me, the boat would be a 48' De Fever or
an Albin 43.
Good luck
Bruce

--
See how our Endeavour is progressing at
www.cruisinglife.net/horizonproject.htm
"Dwight Jones" wrote in message
I am finally financially able to purchase a powerboat capable of coastal
cruising. My wife and I currently own two other boats, both small craft

for
fishing and water-sports (under 25'). We are looking for something in the
35'-45' length, with 400-500 mi. of range, full nav and comm electronics,
with sleeping for 4, diesel engines and less than 5 years old. We've been
looking at Sea-Ray boats primarily, but will consider other manufacturers.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dwight

Lloyd Sumpter

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:25:07 +0000, Dwight Jones wrote:

I am finally financially able to purchase a powerboat capable of coastal
cruising. My wife and I currently own two other boats, both small craft
for fishing and water-sports (under 25'). We are looking for something
in the 35'-45' length, with 400-500 mi. of range, full nav and comm
electronics, with sleeping for 4, diesel engines and less than 5 years
old. We've been looking at Sea-Ray boats primarily, but will consider
other manufacturers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dwight

I think your first question should be "how fast do I want to go?" I'm not
too familiar with the larger SeaRay's but the smaller ones (20-30ft) are
mainly party/gofast boats, not intended for extended offshore cruising (ie
have microwave and A/C, but not a lot of fresh water, hanging-locker
space, storage...)

I'd be looking at more of a trawler design, such as a Canoe Cove, Gulf
Commander, Mainship (I'd suggest Uniflite, Monk or Tollycraft, but I think
they're all out of business)

You DO realize you're talking $250K or so...

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Marcus AAkesson

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:25:07 -0700, "Dwight Jones"
wrote:

I am finally financially able to purchase a powerboat capable of coastal
cruising. My wife and I currently own two other boats, both small craft for
fishing and water-sports (under 25'). We are looking for something in the
35'-45' length, with 400-500 mi. of range, full nav and comm electronics,
with sleeping for 4, diesel engines and less than 5 years old. We've been
looking at Sea-Ray boats primarily, but will consider other manufacturers.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

My choice in this category:

The NordWest 390 or 410. Beautiful (for a motor boat) and superb
quality.

http://www.nordwest.se/uk/home.html

/Marcus

--