trawler_kid

Default Coastal Cruising

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:25:07 +0000, Dwight Jones wrote:

I am finally financially able to purchase a powerboat capable of coastal
cruising.

Hmm. Even with a seven figure annual income, you might have difficulty
with that statement.

Buy a boat that has a decent resale value, of which there are very very
few.

Suggest:

Grand Banks 36 or 42--fit all your qualifications but you'll need to go
deeper than 5 years with that budget. A 10 year old 42 fully equipped in
good shape will ask about $400k; she'll take you from Maine to the
Virgin Islands particularly with stabilizers. Before 1993 the body was a
bit narrower and a bit shorter so 1992s go for about $50k less than 93s
which might be a good deal.

A 36 which is still sturdy enough to take you from Maine to the Bahamas
will go for about $125k less or so.

Check
www.grandbanks.com

Check out some of the dealers web sites:

www.hjcyachts.com
www.marlowmarine.com

Look at brokerage Grand Banks prices on bucnet at www.bucnet.com

email me

disclaimer--I sell nothing- just a boater