Lloyd Sumpter

Default Coastal Cruising

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:25:07 +0000, Dwight Jones wrote:

I am finally financially able to purchase a powerboat capable of coastal
cruising. My wife and I currently own two other boats, both small craft
for fishing and water-sports (under 25'). We are looking for something
in the 35'-45' length, with 400-500 mi. of range, full nav and comm
electronics, with sleeping for 4, diesel engines and less than 5 years
old. We've been looking at Sea-Ray boats primarily, but will consider
other manufacturers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dwight

I think your first question should be "how fast do I want to go?" I'm not
too familiar with the larger SeaRay's but the smaller ones (20-30ft) are
mainly party/gofast boats, not intended for extended offshore cruising (ie
have microwave and A/C, but not a lot of fresh water, hanging-locker
space, storage...)

I'd be looking at more of a trawler design, such as a Canoe Cove, Gulf
Commander, Mainship (I'd suggest Uniflite, Monk or Tollycraft, but I think
they're all out of business)

You DO realize you're talking $250K or so...

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36