Default Fixing "Flying Pig"

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
I believe the US lifted trade concessions with China when China agreed to
make capitalist changes to their economic system. Those changes should
inevitably lead them down the slippery slope to democracy.

Stephen

Why should it, if the Chinese people find themselves relatively prosperous,
if indeed not relatively wealthy beyond all dreams of avarice, under the
current Communist government? Their government is stable, the people have
more opportunities than ever in Chinese history, their country is at peace
with the world and they are seeing an influx of consumer toys to keep them
happy. What's to rebel against?

Indeed you are correct. So long at they have "bread and circuses" there
is nothing whatever to rebel against. Things like freedom of speech and
assembly, including the ability to criticize one's government (as in the
present thread) are nothing at all in light of the influx of consumer
toys to keep them happy.

--AG

et...

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message

I believe the US lifted trade concessions with China when China agreed
to make capitalist changes to their economic system. Those changes
should inevitably lead them down the slippery slope to democracy.

Stephen

Why should it, if the Chinese people find themselves relatively
prosperous, if indeed not relatively wealthy beyond all dreams of
avarice, under the current Communist government? Their government is
stable, the people have more opportunities than ever in Chinese history,
their country is at peace with the world and they are seeing an influx
of consumer toys to keep them happy. What's to rebel against?

No rebellion necessary for democracy, just like there was no rebellion
necessary for the capitalist changes that occurred.

Stephen

No rebellion necessary for democracy? Interesting theory. Have you told
the Imbecile-In-Chief?

No point. You can't tell him anything. g
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Member

On Feb 17, 11:20 pm, "NE Sailboat" wrote:

Expect to hand out several $10.00 dollar bills to facilitate
your entry.

You have apparently have never been. Because I, nor any one I've
spoken to who has, has ever had to do that.

Member

On Feb 17, 9:26 am, "NE Sailboat" wrote:

Tell us all: after Fidel goes to the big sugar plantation in the sky, what
reason will there be for telling Americans they can't visit Cuba.

You tell me. I can't figure out why they don't want us to go now.

Now,, time to go and talk to my golfing partner ....................... he
is the NEW CONGRESSMAN FROM THE 2ND DISTRICT OF NEW HAMPSHIRE.

So ask him. And by the way ask him when both parties are going to stop
sucking up to the Miami Cubans.

Capt Bill ... I will do that. The Miami Cubans are one of the largest bunch
of assholes in the USA. They go on and on about Cuba this and Cuba that.
Most have never been to Cuba, all they want is MONEY.

As long as they are "victims" they can say "but what about us, we are
refugees".

Hey, this has been working for Jesse Jackson since about the same time the
Cubans landed in Miami.

The old victim mentality. Take a look at the Katrina victims. New Orleans
is a city below the water level. So, the US government provides for the
occupants to purchase "Flood Insurance". Did the stupid *******s buy flood
insurance? Oh noooooo. That would be too much to ask of people who don't
have jobs, spend all day selling drugs to each other and collecting welfare.

Have you looked at the "killing fields" New Orleans has become lately.

But that isn't their fault ... it is "our" fault. Yup, just ask Mayor
Nagin.

==========

Screw it .... as far as I am concerned the US I knew as a kid does not
exist. Grab what you can, steal. Why not? The government is corrupt, the
politicians are a bunch of lying theives, the government employees are
incompetent oafs who are overpaid, and underworked.

The whole system is broken.

We have a president who talks about Democracy in Iraq, who goes on and on
about bringing law and order to Iraq, who is spending us into poverty as he
tries to make Iraq a Club Med.

Yet, the same asshole can't enforce the immigration laws of the USA.
Mexicans are running across our borders, working here illegally, sending
their illegal kids to our schools, going to our hospitals for free medical
care with their illegal families ..............

And this F'n moron wants to cure the ills of IRAQ?

I only wish I was onboard my boat so I could drop a turd in my Turd Bucket
and pour it into the harbor.

It is my way of saying "what pollution".

=============================

"capt.bill11" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 17, 9:26 am, "NE Sailboat" wrote:

Tell us all: after Fidel goes to the big sugar plantation in the sky,
what
reason will there be for telling Americans they can't visit Cuba.

You tell me. I can't figure out why they don't want us to go now.

Now,, time to go and talk to my golfing partner .......................
he
is the NEW CONGRESSMAN FROM THE 2ND DISTRICT OF NEW HAMPSHIRE.

So ask him. And by the way ask him when both parties are going to stop
sucking up to the Miami Cubans.

"NE Sailboat" wrote in news:lkPBh.850$ZF1.466
@trndny02:

Bought and paid for,, the whole US government. One big corrupt bunch of
thieves.

Since 1776. It was started by a corrupt bunch of thieves. It's gotten
much worse since the bankers bought 'em off in 1913 and they abrogated
monetary policy and turned the money/gold over to the Federal Reserve Bank
Corporation, which as as much to do with the government as Federal Express.

This caused two huge wars and a continuation of much smaller ones, like the
ones Israel and their bankers have us in, now....

More wars, more debt, more interest.....It's not rocket science.

Larry
--
Let the hangings begin!

You may find amusing the Furled Sails interviews with Captain Jack, on
his semi-legal trip to Cuba (episode #48 & #49, at www.furledsails.com).
One of my favorite podcasts.

Steve Hayes
Augusta, Maine

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 00:32:01 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

There is only one reason the US government doesn't want us traveling to
Cuba; money.

Not really. The Bush administration did it to pander to the right
wing Cuban ex-pat community in Florida as a political quid pro quo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quid_pro_quo

Bob Bob is offline

wrote:

There is only one reason the US government doesn't want us traveling to
Cuba; money.

Not really. The Bush administration did it to pander to the right
wing Cuban ex-pat community in Florida as a political quid pro quo.

For thoes motor boat types it means, you scratch my back I scratch
yours. Or Tit for tat. Or Equal measure for ....Personally I prefer
the tit. If I just had a tat maybe Id get some tit.
Board bob

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:

There is only one reason the US government doesn't want us traveling to
Cuba; money.

Not really. The Bush administration did it to pander to the right
wing Cuban ex-pat community in Florida as a political quid pro quo.

For thoes motor boat types it means, you scratch my back I scratch
yours. Or Tit for tat. Or Equal measure for ....Personally I prefer
the tit. If I just had a tat maybe Id get some tit.
Board bob

Someone usually goes to jail for that, Bob.