Clams Canino

Default Fixing the NG

Since so many people here wish to impart partisan political influence, I
think the only thing to do is let them.

Therefore........ from this moment on I'll be looking at the originating OT
posts to see if they come from the DNC or the GOP lackeys. I'm counting
hijacking an on topic thread to make it political as "originating" an OT
thread.

And I'll be voting for the party in November that originates the FEWER OT
posts.

Since so many here wish to sway hearts and minds - perhaps if enough people
lined up with me, it would make them think.

-W

Døn ßailey

I always enjoy the "get over it" attitude that prevails among
some of the more annoying OT posters. A little OT is expected
and welcome on any subject, but the inmates are running
the asylum these days and seem to rejoice
in crapping on the sidewalk right in front of you.

The regulars can deal with it but the problem is:

It turns off the usenet button pushers who might otherwise check in
to see what's happening and then make a quick exit because of
the OT stench.

Clams,

I always enjoy your tales of inline Mercs. It almost makes me wish I owned
one.

db

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Since so many people here wish to impart partisan political influence, I
think the only thing to do is let them.

Therefore........ from this moment on I'll be looking at the originating

OT
posts to see if they come from the DNC or the GOP lackeys. I'm counting
hijacking an on topic thread to make it political as "originating" an OT
thread.

And I'll be voting for the party in November that originates the FEWER OT
posts.

Since so many here wish to sway hearts and minds - perhaps if enough

people
lined up with me, it would make them think.

-W

Joe Blizzard

"Clams Canino" wrote
I'll be voting for the party in November
that originates the FEWER OT posts.

I'm in.

And speaking of thread-jacking, anybody have any advice on replacing the
bellowseses on a Merc 165 pre-alpha drive?

Tuuk

What is the problem with OT comments? Sometime the group skews off onto more
interesting topics. That is what the newsgroups are all about

"Joe Blizzard" wrote in message
"Clams Canino" wrote
I'll be voting for the party in November
that originates the FEWER OT posts.

I'm in.

And speaking of thread-jacking, anybody have any advice on replacing the
bellowseses on a Merc 165 pre-alpha drive?

Wayne.B

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:40:49 -0500, " Tuuk"
wrote:

What is the problem with OT comments? Sometime the group skews off onto more
interesting topics. That is what the newsgroups are all about

The "problem" is with the signal to noise ratio. During the winter
months, and especially in an election year, the noise peaks a lot and
meaningful discussion of any kind becomes difficult to find.

NetSock

No its not.

Usenet is just like a newspaper (maybe that's why they call the software a
"news reader"). It has sections (groups) that should remain on-topic. You
wouldn't want to read about who won the boat races in the business section
in our news paper...and you shouldn't have to read about politics in
rec.boats.

Those who claim that this (politics and war) is what boaters talk about at
sea or on the docks are misdirected. Usenet is not setup that way, and it is
not the intention of Usenet to be used that way.

-

It's just about going fast...that's all...

http://home.insight.rr.com/cgreen/
" Tuuk" wrote in message
What is the problem with OT comments? Sometime the group skews off onto

more
interesting topics. That is what the newsgroups are all about

Joe Blizzard

" Tuuk" wrote
What is the problem with OT comments?

So you don't know anything about bellowses then?

Tuuk

So what your saying is that this newsgroup should stick to boating stories
or discussions ONLY.

Tell me something, when you sail your yacht over to another marina or boat
club, park it, go into the clubhouse for a few drinks and hear the table
beside you talking about something other than boats, are you going to
suggest to them that that type of conversation is not welcome there ? I
guess the obvious is due,,, if you dont like the posts that do not relate to
boating, dont read them. Do you have a fee or maximum you are being charged
by your server as to the number of postings you download ? I mean, I only
see maybe 5 or 10 posts per day on this group, sometimes more, some times
less. I can understand your point should this group get flooded with
postings.
No, what your trying to do is censorship, dont do that here, or dont do that
there. I dont need anyone telling me what to say, when to say it, how to say
it, when to have coffee break , when to ****, when to speak, when to do
anything. Maybe you need someone to hold your hand but give the rest of use
more credit.

"Joe Blizzard" wrote in message
" Tuuk" wrote
What is the problem with OT comments?

So you don't know anything about bellowses then?

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:45:43 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

And I'll be voting for the party in November that originates the FEWER OT
posts.

ROTFL!!!!

I'm in. :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test

Hey, Tuuk, you're obviously too ignorant to know what newsgroups are
supposed to be like. Time was when a person could have their account
cancelled by their ISP for making OT posts within the big-8 hierarchy.

But here's some free speech for you: you are a stupid, cocklicking piece of
****. You talk like a queer. You are queer, aren't you? Answer the
question, you stupid little whore.

Need someone to hold your hand now, you stupid piece of ****? Post your
name and address here, bigmouth. You stupid little cocksucker.