Default Fixing "Flying Pig"

You don't know what the f...k I know about waterfront property so don't
assume what you don't know.

As for the "lucky that it has .." bull****.

If we boaters would get off our collective asses and use some political
muscle maybe the government which is taking our money and propping up the
thieves who are living, and running businesses there would not get away with
the crap they are doing.

If the government is going to take our taxes, but then let greed take away
our marinas, or block us from the water .. why are we paying the taxes?

I swear; I am so sick of this country. I've never seen this nation so
F,,ked up. We are building power plants for Arabs who hate us, yet an
American in his sailboat runs aground and he is nothing but a target for an
unscrupulous marina?

Why are Americans dying in Iraq? For freedom? The American way? To make
the world a better place?

Well,,, what about right here. What about in the Florida Keys?

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:03:08 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

You obviously have *no* idea what water front property in the Keys is
worth , or how much it costs to carry it.

All of us boaters are lucky that it has not yet been converted to
condos or a resort.

wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

Where I am, $500 a week is cheap.

All well and good, but $2000 per month on the hard just for workspace is
outrageous.

Well Rick ,, since you want to brag about the cost of being on the hard ..
where on the hard are you?

What marina? What harbor? What city? Tell us all the specifics. Come on
Rick,, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

-------------
wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

Where I am, $500 a week is cheap.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:49:45 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

Where I am, $500 a week is cheap.

All well and good, but $2000 per month on the hard just for workspace is
outrageous.

True. However, I think SKip is more a victum of being to honest for
his own good perhaps? People like that will often get taken advantage
of, unfortunately.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:01:53 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

Well Rick ,, since you want to brag about the cost of being on the hard ..
where on the hard are you?

What marina? What harbor? What city? Tell us all the specifics. Come on
Rick,, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

-------------
.. .
wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

Where I am, $500 a week is cheap.

No bragging, just trying to offer a different POV. Skip's doing the
right thing, getting the boat out of there.

Hey Rick,,, something is missing in your posting ;;; where is the marina
that you are at that charges over $500 per week?

You wrote: "Where I am, $500 a week is cheap."

Well, where are you?
====================

wrote:

Well Rick ,, since you want to brag about the cost of being on the hard ..
where on the hard are you?

What marina? What harbor? What city? Tell us all the specifics. Come
on
Rick,, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

-------------
. ..

wrote:

Well Rick ,, since you want to brag about the cost of being on the hard ..
where on the hard are you?

What marina? What harbor? What city? Tell us all the specifics. Come
on
Rick,, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

-------------
. ..
wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

Where I am, $500 a week is cheap.

No bragging, just trying to offer a different POV. Skip's doing the
right thing, getting the boat out of there.

After looking at the pics, "Flying Pig" is just about gold plated by
comparison to anything I sail. Her electronics alone exceeds my
yearly cruising budget. The boat yard probably saw her and assumed
anybody with a boat like that has money to pay.
This is another reason to cruise cheap and spartan (although with a
good boat). When you have these sorts of probs the yards think you
CANNOT pay and are anxious to get rid of you. Thieves are also less
likely to take a second look at that boat with faded gelcoat and faded
sailcover compared to the one that seems to be covered with dollar
signs.
My boat is old and looks like hell even though her rigging is all
new. A coupla years ago I sailed into a marina in South Fl with my
son. We were dressed in diesel smelling tattered clothes and ratty
flip flops and asked for a long term slip. They gave me the price
thinking that would make me go away so when I pulled out that no-limit
AMEX card they prob thought i had stolen it. Then without haggling I
paid em to drop my mast to fix the VHF antenna and this recalibrated
their thinking. THEN, we went outside and waited for the city bus
instead of getting a cab (my son had never ridden a city bus filled
with real people). When we came back and sailed away a month later
they still hadn't gotten us pegged financially.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:10:49 -0800, Frogwatch wrote:

After looking at the pics, .... This is another reason to cruise cheap
and spartan (although with a good boat). .

under the radar baby! all the way... $$$? ain't nobody's business but
my own....

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:18:23 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

Hey Rick,,, something is missing in your posting ;;; where is the marina
that you are at that charges over $500 per week?

You wrote: "Where I am, $500 a week is cheap."

Well, where are you?
====================

.. .

wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

Where I am, $500 a week is cheap.

No bragging, just trying to offer a different POV. Skip's doing the
right thing, getting the boat out of there.

Aren't you supposed to be packing?

Rick,,, once again. You keep posting .. you are the one who wrote "Where I
am, $500 a week is cheap."
Tell us what marina, where, what size boat,,, tell us all. Folks want to
know.

You do own a boat , don't you Rick?

==============================
wrote:

Hey Rick,,, something is missing in your posting ;;; where is the marina
that you are at that charges over $500 per week?

You wrote: "Where I am, $500 a week is cheap."

Well, where are you?
====================

. ..
wrote:

Well Rick ,, since you want to brag about the cost of being on the hard
..
where on the hard are you?

What marina? What harbor? What city? Tell us all the specifics. Come
on
Rick,, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

m...