Marc

Default Holding Tank Monitors

Which is preferable? In tank sensors (ie. Sealand Tank Watch) or
external tape sensors (ie. Snake River Acuguage)
Glenn Ashmore

Snake River.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Peggie Hall

Marc wrote:
Which is preferable? In tank sensors (ie. Sealand Tank Watch) or
external tape sensors (ie. Snake River Acuguage)

The Snake River system, hands down. I've yet to see any internal sensor
last more than a few years...whereas, because the Snake River senders
never come in contact with tank contents, they last literally for
decades. The cost is another consideration...the only SeaLand system
under $200 is their TankWatch I (about $50), which only lets you know
when the tank is full (which I consider next to useless unless you spend
all your time parked next to a pumpout). The single tank Snake River
Mini for about $100 provides true 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full readings...and
their 4 tank system that lets you combine waste water and diesel in a
single system is less than the price of any other single tank monitor.
No problem if any of the tanks are aluminum either...Snake River also
has internal senders that never come in contact with the tank contents
because they're encased in PVC...internal and external senders can be
mixed and matched.

Fwiw, I've had several SeaLand Tankwatch systems--their expensive ones.
I'd never have anything but a Snake River system again.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Marc

Hi Peggie, while I got you on the line, I'm going with the Ronco B126
30 gal. Two 1.5" dip tubes, 1.5" fill, 3/4" vent., all top mounted.
With the idea of keeping the number of penetrations to a minimum, is
it necessary to have a clean out port? If yes, how about just a 3"
boss with a plug instead of a port and plate?

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:15:11 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Marc wrote:
[...]

Keith

While we're waiting on Peggie's response, I had Ronco put a 6" cleanout port
in my holding tank. I hope I never have to use it, but it's there if I need
it. I lubed the threads very well with silicone grease, then ran a little
bead of silicone caulking over the seam after it was closed tight to help
insure no odors escaped. Worked well so far.

wrote:

Marc wrote:
[...]

Peggie Hall

Marc wrote:
Hi Peggie, while I got you on the line, I'm going with the Ronco B126
30 gal. Two 1.5" dip tubes, 1.5" fill, 3/4" vent., all top mounted.
With the idea of keeping the number of penetrations to a minimum, is
it necessary to have a clean out port? If yes, how about just a 3"
boss with a plug instead of a port and plate?

Hi Marc (oops...I still owe you a fax and an email)...

That sounds fine to me, except that I'd go with a 1" vent instead of
3/4". The clean-out port that Ronco installs IS a 3" boss with threaded
cap. You can get 4" or even 6" if you want.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Nancy Eilers-Hughes

Marc wrote:

Which is preferable? In tank sensors (ie. Sealand Tank Watch) or
external tape sensors (ie. Snake River Acuguage)

Snake River. I recently installed these on my Catalina 30 for
water and waste. Had some technical issues that needed working out
and the Snake River folks were really great to deal with, and the
products work great. Good price too.

Keith Hughes

Doug Dotson

Rest asured that you WILL eventually use it. Good to
have.

Doug

wrote:

Marc wrote:
[...]

Author "Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation Systems

and
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

LaBomba182

Subject: Holding Tank Monitors
From: Glenn Ashmore

Snake River.

Marc wrote:
Which is preferable? In tank sensors (ie. Sealand Tank Watch) or
external tape sensors (ie. Snake River Acuguage)

--
Glenn Ashmore

I second that.

Capt. Bill

Boat US had the Tank Watch system on sale a few months ago
Being the non-mechanical type of person
I was able to install the Tank Watch System in about 30 minutes and
it worked.

My only concern is that it worked too good
when the boat rocks or is not level the Tank Watch system moves with
it