Steve Christensen

Default Holding Tank Monitors

Which is preferable? In tank sensors (ie. Sealand Tank Watch) or
external tape sensors (ie. Snake River Acuguage)

Fwiw, I've had several SeaLand Tankwatch systems--their expensive ones.
I'd never have anything but a Snake River system again.

Peggie

I installed on of the 3 level Tankwatch systems about 9 or 10 years ago, before
the Snake River type was available. The Tankwatch has never failed on me, but I
wouldn't be surprised if it did some day, as the magnetic floats could get stuck
by solids in the tank. (Removing the probe and washing it off during
winterization each fall is one of my more fun tasks.) If I were installing one
now I would go with the external sensor design.

Steve Christensen

Ray Cullum

I hate to be the fly in the oitment but I had a Snake River that could never
get to work properly. In the end I believe it was due to the thickness of my
tank walls. The tank is integral to the hull and a very thick FRP layup. Great
concept that I was really hoping would be successful but in my case it was not
to be.

Ray
S/V Frolic
Julian

"Ray Cullum" wrote in message ...
I hate to be the fly in the oitment but I had a Snake River that could never
get to work properly. In the end I believe it was due to the thickness of my
tank walls. The tank is integral to the hull and a very thick FRP layup. Great
concept that I was really hoping would be successful but in my case it was not
to be.

If the tank wall is too thich then the internal (PVC rod) sensor from Snake River
would still be an option wouldn't it? If I understand correctly this is a totally sealed
device using the same capacitance sensing technology, no moving parts, so it should
be just as immune to gumming up as the external sensor.

- Julian.