Steve Christensen

Default Holding Tank Monitors

Which is preferable? In tank sensors (ie. Sealand Tank Watch) or
external tape sensors (ie. Snake River Acuguage)

Fwiw, I've had several SeaLand Tankwatch systems--their expensive ones.
I'd never have anything but a Snake River system again.

Peggie

I installed on of the 3 level Tankwatch systems about 9 or 10 years ago, before
the Snake River type was available. The Tankwatch has never failed on me, but I
wouldn't be surprised if it did some day, as the magnetic floats could get stuck
by solids in the tank. (Removing the probe and washing it off during
winterization each fall is one of my more fun tasks.) If I were installing one
now I would go with the external sensor design.

Steve Christensen