L. M. Rappaport

Default Dinghy registration

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:56:28 GMT, RichH wrote
(with possible editing):

McCarthy....?????

ummmmmmm ..... McCarthy was completely VINDICATED during the Clinton
Administration by the Russian govt. disclosure of the "Venona Papers"
which flatly documented that McCarthy was wrong ONLY in the fact that
the Soviet penetration into the heart of the US govt. was 7 times larger
in numbers than even McCarthy was after. McCarthy's chief
source/witness, Whittaker Chambers, the center piece of the 'all the
hububb' was awarded the highest award given to non-military personnel.

Dont confuse McCarthy with the bipartisan House of Unamerican Activities
Committee (HUAC) - freaks from BOTH parties ... whose retired members
are now apparently posting political trolls on rec.boats.cruising, etc.

Ok, I wasn't going to respond, but I can't keep my big mouth
(fingers?) shut!

McCarthy vindicated? Ok, and Roy Cohn was a choir boy.

This country was founded on the cornerstone of free speech and
personal liberty. If the system was somehow less viable than
Communism, then Communism is what we'd have today and probably what we
deserve. But that's not what happened. Communism as practiced in the
Soviet Union fell apart. The Chinese have seen the writing on the
wall and have adopted Capitalism as a way to develop their nation.
(Yes, they're still a closed society with no respect for individual
rights; I'm not defending them). Cuba is still an economic disaster,
more so now that the prior Soviet Union is no longer supporting them.

Communism doesn't work. Maybe some can argue that it should, but in
very practical terms, it doesn't. That said, if someone wants to
argue the point, it's his right and we really don't need to publicly
excoriate someone for expressing his beliefs.

No flame intended. I lived through the McCarthy era and HUAC as well.
I won't question their motives, as perhaps I should, but the best I
can say about them is that I think they were all, uhh, ill-advised.

Now, to go register my dinghy. Here in NH, we have to register
ANYTHING that floats and has a motor. Even my canoe with a little
electric.

--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com
LaBomba182

Subject: Dinghy registration
From: "Keith"

Spoken like a true Democrat!

You're wrong. But I will still accept the compliment.

Capt. Bill
Vito

Default Dinghy registration - nuff's enuff

Canadians: if you have any trouble exporting your money to the US
perhaps I can help. Just send it all to me and .... (c:

Seriously guys, enough with the political wrangling. 1984's come and
gone and newspeak is in. "Freedom to" do what you want now means
submitting to Nazi-like extremes in order to have "freedom from" fear
and having half your earnings confiscated so others can have "freedom
from" want. Get used to it. Escape by going cruising. Become too
insignificant to notice. Just a few more years and ...
Truelove39

From: http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-m/vdoc/faq.htm#23

IS THE VESSEL TENDER DOCUMENTED?
Documentation of your vessel does not cover the vessel's tender or dinghy.
These craft fall within the jurisdiction of the motorboat numbering laws of the
state of principal use. Please contact your state agency that handles the
registration or numbering of motorboats for further information

John

In the US, if your boat is USCG documented and the dinghy engine is 10
HP or less, you can put your documentation number plus "-1", ie
123456-1. You can only use the dinghy as a "tender", joy riding is
out. I did that for a couple years with no problems, even doing a bit
of joy riding. This in LA, MS, AL and FL. Last year I state registered
the dinghy becase I started throwing it in the pickup and exploring
some lakes and bayous.

Rick

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:04:55 -0700, "jps" wrote:

I bought a boat from a Canadian owner who used the same vessel ID on his
dink as was assigned to the mother ship. Don't know if it's kosher but
worked for him.

In a trip through the eastern USA to Florida, am I likely to encounter
problems with local police or coat guard because the dinghy is
unregistered, unlicensed, etc.?

Anyone experience problems with the local authorities?

Warning and tips appreciated.

Jimmy

S/V Final Step
http://www.morelr.com/coronado/

Nesting Dinghy Parallax Boat Building 5 October 20th 11 08:56 PM
Help with PVC Dinghy repair. William F. Yehle II Boat Building 0 July 8th 04 03:10 PM
collapsible dinghy Parallax Boat Building 1 May 9th 04 05:24 PM
Dinghy registration in California Dick Locke Cruising 10 September 18th 03 07:38 PM
What's the best dinghy for cruising and why? Harvey Porter Cruising 15 August 22nd 03 01:37 AM