Default Yet another rescue

This seems to be the season. There was another rescue off
Massachusetts a few days ago.

Here's the fullest report, from the home town of the sailors:
http://www.thisisdorset.net/display....from_death.php

The Coast Guard took some videos, though you can't see much:
http://www.uscgnewengland.com/go/doc/778/137967/

The vessel, La Bella, is only described as a 35 foot sloop. It had
been purchased a month before and the new British owner was taking it
from New Jersey to Bermuda. The keel was reported as "breaking
apart" which sounds like a loose keel bolt, perhaps. The EPIRB which
saved them was a last minute addition and was registered only hours
before it was used.

Idiots!!

Cap'n Ric

Why are they idiots?

We do not have enough information to judge this.

Did they have a proffessional survey done befor purchase?

If so was it done properly?

It seems the surveyor has a lot to answer for!

Capt ric shoots from the lip I think without enough information!!

Sink im!!

Oliver Fleming (captain WITH certificate)

"Cap'n Ric" wrote in message
Idiots!!

Cap'n Ric

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 19:11:26 +1000, "Oliver Fleming"
wrote:

Why are they idiots?

We do not have enough information to judge this.

I disagree.

A 35 ft boat does not belong offshore on the north atlantic this time
of year, particulary one that is new to the owner. I don't think you
would find too many people in the professional delivery business
willing to take on that assignment, and I doubt that there are *any*
insurance companies that would take on the risk.