Default Ad: Sterndrive Engineering Adopts Three Year Fault-free Warranty

Press Release -- September 18th, 2006

Sterndrive Engineering Adopts Three Year Fault-free Warranty

Clearwater, Florida -- Sterndrive Engineering Inc. (SEI) announced today
that the warranty on it's sterndrives has been changed from a one year
limited warranty to a three year fault-free warranty. "We believe this new
warranty is the best in the sterndrive industry" said Greg Pickren,
President SEI. "Nobody that we know of offers a three year fault-free
warranty on sterndrives" he added. "After selling tens of thousands of these
drives over the past three years and doing extensive testing at our research
facility, we are very confident in the product. It's only natural at this
point to extend our warranty" stated Justin Webb, SEI's General Manager.
"Our drives have always been the most economical. Now they also have a great
warranty." added Ericka Kegg, SEI's Sales Manager. The three year fault-free
warranty covers any damage to the drive that requires it to be repaired or
replaced including failures resulting from lack of oil, fishing line,
impact, neglect, and other abuse.

Sterndrive Engineering is the largest aftermarket supplier of sterndrives in
the world. For more information on the company call (727) 461-0811. For more
information on the new warranty policy and online shopping visit
www.sterndrive.cc.

"Justin - SEI" wrote in
:

[...]

Ok you spammed our newsgroup, so let's pick apart the actual warranty from
your webpage a little bit....

"LIMITED WARRANTY OF STERNDRIVE ENGINEERING
Effective September 18, 2006
1. WARRANTY. All products sold by Sterndrive Engineering (“Sterndrive”) are
warranted for either a period of one (1) year or
three (3) years from the date of actual purchase. A condition precedent to
the enforcement of these warranties is proof of purchase of the Sterndrive
product.
Satisfactory evidence of purchase must be supplied by customer prior to
receiving warranty benefits hereunder. These one (1) year and three (3)
year warranties
against defects in material and workmanship are the sole and exclusive
warranty provided by Sterndrive, and all other warranties and potential
damages are
limited and excluded hereunder, as set forth below. These warranties
commence on the shipment date of products sold by Sterndrive to purchaser
or upon the
date of purchase from a properly authorized Sterndrive dealer to its
customer."

I see you are calling this a "fault-free THREE YEAR warranty" to the
newsgroup...but the fact is it's warrantied for ONE year on a lot of it,
right? We'll investigate the lawyerese later....

Now, right up above here ^^ it says, "These one (1) year and three (3)
year warranties against defects in material and workmanship are the sole
and exclusive warranty provide by Sterndrive" Now, what that says is
anything else that's wrong with it, like the salt that ate the
whatchamacalit and ISN'T RELATED to material defects or workmanship isn't
your problem. This warranty looks just like every other warranty I've ever
seen. "and all other warranties and potential damages are limited and
excluded hereunder, as set forth below." Waitaminit! You told us you were
going to fix it no matter what happened! Now you're telling us there's
LIMITS AND EXCLUSIONS? Which is it?? Your spam says one thing....your
lawyers are saying something else....JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

"2. WARRANTIES LIMITED TO MANUFACTURED GOODS. Sterndrive offers a three (3)
year fault free warranty on
assembled sterndrive halves (upper and lower) and a one (1) year warranty
on all other parts."

What "other parts"? There's the top half and the bottom half, indicating a
top and bottom make a whole part, the entire drive. How can it have "other
parts"? What other parts, specifically, are you referring to?...the ones
with the 1 year warranty?

"These warranties do not apply to any repairs, alterations, or work
undertaken by third parties not involved in the actual manufacturing of the
product."

Does that include your authorized dealer? If he screws it up putting it on
or forgets some critical part you can assert is what made it fail, I assume
from this sentence, you point the FAULT at the dealer and the so-called NO
FAULT warranty is void, right? Do you want us to bring the boat down to
the plant in Florida to have the NO FAULT WARRANTIED stern drive installed
by "parties involved in the actual manufacturing of the product"? Do I
have to bring it back for the NO FAULT warranty when I drive it over a rock
and it rips it in half so only "parties involved in the actual
manufacturing of the product" touch what's left so your company will
replace it under the NO FAULT warranty you told us about in your newsgroup
spam? If I break it and anyone touches it, this ONE SENTENCE absolves you
from any warranty repairs, whatsoever as some dealer repaired the broken
off foot.

Oh, wait, only manufacturing defects and workmanship are covered in the NO
FAULT warranty from paragraph 1 so far. So, as you're not going to pay for
it because it's not a workmanship or materials issue, it doesn't matter who
I have to pay to fix it, right?

Sterndrive's three (3) year fault free warranty covers any failure that
would
require repair or replacement. Sterndrive's one year warranty does not
apply to damages or problems caused by removal of parts, adjustments to the
product,
tune ups, normal wear and tear, damages caused by accidents, improper use
of the product, improper installation or service of the product, misuse,
neglect,
improper maintenance, or operation with fluids, fuels, lubricants, oils, or
other such items which are not suitable for use with the product or
otherwise not
recommended for the product by Sterndrive. Sterndrive's one year warranty
also does not warrant or make representations with respect to installation
errors, work
by servicing dealers, servicing mechanics, or others, and does not cover
damage caused by acts of God, flood, fire, storms, or other natural acts or
disasters.

WHOA! WHOA! W-H-O-A!!! In your spam to our newsgroup, you create an
implied warranty of merchantability by telling us:

"The three year fault-free warranty
covers any damage to the drive that requires it to be repaired or
replaced including failures resulting from lack of oil, fishing line,
impact, neglect, and other abuse."

You say in your sales spam my driving over the rock and tearing it in half
is COVERED! Then, back at the ranch where the lawyers are eating the
profits, you say:

"Sterndrive's one year warranty does not apply to damages or problems
caused by removal of parts, adjustments to the product,
tune ups, normal wear and tear, damages caused by accidents, improper use
of the product, improper installation or service of the product, misuse,
neglect, improper maintenance, or operation with fluids, fuels, lubricants,
oils, or other such items which are not suitable for use with the product
or otherwise not recommended for the product by Sterndrive."

Well? Which is it?! If it runs out of oil and eats the gears YOU tell me
you'll fix it....but your warranty SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES ANY IMPROPER
MAINTENANCE, LACK OF FLUIDS, ABUSE, NEGLECT, AND ANY "items which are not
suitable for use with the product or otherwise not recommended for the
product by Sterndrive".....IN DIRECT OPPOSITE CONFLICT WITH THE IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY YOU CREATED WITH THIS SPAM TO OUR NEWSGROUP!

Notice, too, how vague the bull**** is. Items? What "items"?
Maintenance? What "maintenance"? Accident? Oh, you mean ME RUNNING OVER
THAT GODDAMNED ROCK AND TEARING IT IN HALF?!

If you ask me some son-of-a-bitch salesman needs to have his ass reamed
just before he's handed a pink slip! He's exposing the company to some
pretty heavy litigation with his, obviously, FALSE STATEMENTS to the
CONSUMERS!

Which "fluids" are "not suitable for use with the product", anyway?? Is
there a particular brand of lube oil you have in mind for me to use on the
product? Obviously, not all fluids are suitable for use with the product.
If you specify which oil I have to use, be aware that under 15USC50 section
2304 (a) Federal law requires you to PROVIDE AT NO COST TO THE CONSUMER
this specific brand of oil for THE LIFE OF THE PRODUCT!

I just wanted you to know what warranty law says about that. My asshole
Yamaha dealer told me I had to use only Yamaha Yamalube in my Yamaha
Waverunner, a while back, creating his own supply problem when I went back
to get a couple of cases for FREE under Federal Law.

Well, it won't matter if I use WalMart lower gear lube, anyway, because of
the NO FAULT warranty you told us about in the spam to our newsgroup you
wouldn't blame me for anything that went wrong with it. When we're
standing in Federal court, will you repeat your statements to the judge for
me when our class action attorney asks you exactly what you said to us?
Too bad we all have a COPY of your SPAM....TEXT for the judge to see.
Wanna bet we'll get that lower unit fixed, even though we used Walmart
lower unit oil which might not be "suitable for use with the product"?
Hmm...wonder if the judge has a stern drive boat??

"Both warranties specified herein are null and void in the event that the
model number and other identification numbers on the product have been
altered, defaced,
removed, or eliminated or the product has been disassembled in any manner
with out prior authorization by Sterndrive."

"dissassembled in any manner"...Can you clear that up for me? What if I
pull the plugs out of it to replace the lube oil with Walmart lower unit
oil? What if I need to replace the impeller? Do I have to get written
permission to replace the impeller? I have to "disassemble it in any
manner" to replace the impeller...VOIDING THIS WARRANTY. Does your dealer
have to get special permission to replace the impeller before he opens the
case? What about:

"These warranties do not apply to any repairs, alterations, or work
undertaken by third parties not involved in the actual manufacturing of the
product."

Here's two loopholes out of the NO FAULT WARRANTY! The dealer replaced the
impeller without your written permission prior to opening the case and the
"work" was "under taken by third parties not involved in the actual
manufacturing of the product"!! Will you send a production line supervisor
up to the dealer to replace the impeller next year, for free, under the NO
FAULT WARRANTY? We can't let anyone else touch it as it will VOID THIS NO
FAULT WARRANTY! It says so right here in the fine print!...(well, not so
fine as I keep the font full sized, now.)

" Neither one (1) year nor three (3) year
warranty covers use of the product for racing or other competitive
activities. The manufacturer offers no warranty with respect to the rental
or use of the product
for commercial purposes, or in the event of intentional destruction."

See? There you go again! You said it was a NO FAULT WARRANTY and you'd
cover it no matter what:

"The three year fault-free warranty
covers any damage to the drive that requires it to be repaired or
replaced including failures resulting from lack of oil, fishing line,
impact, neglect, and other abuse."

Racing is abuse, right? You said it's covered. You didn't tell me I
couldn't race the boat with my drunken buddies. You said you'd cover it
under warranty if I abuse it...It's right there in your Implied Warranty of
Merchantability, created by your spam to our newsgroup! Again, which is
which? Can I race it and you'll fix it or not?? I'm getting more confused
by the minute!

About those "Other Competitive Activities".....Does that include me running
it wide open in a Bassmaster Fishing Tournament, trying to beat their asses
to the best bass? That's an "Other Competitive Activity", isn't it? WHAT
"other competitive activities" are you talking about, SPECIFICALLY?
Fishing tournaments? Waterskiing tournaments? Drinking tournaments?
Racing my kid on his damned 90mph hot jetski? Are all these "other
competitive activities"? Which ones are and which ones aren't,
SPECIFICALLY. Does this matter when you said in your spam to our
newsgroup:
"The three year fault-free warranty
covers any damage to the drive that requires it to be repaired or
replaced including failures resulting from lack of oil, fishing line,
impact, neglect, and other abuse."

You'll fix it if I break it trying to run down my kid on his Seadoo, right?
If I don't bet him I can beat his ass with the Sterndrive, is that an
"other competitive activity" or not?? Inquiring minds need to KNOW!

3. EXCLUSION OF OTHER WARRANTIES. THE WARRANTIES OFFERED BY STERNDRIVE
AGAINST DEFECTS IN
WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS ARE THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES OFFERED BY
MANUFACTURER. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, AND WARRANTIES FOR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.

Nice try, but no cigar! I think you boys better go download this manual
and actually READ IT to see what YOUR rights are under FEDERAL LAW:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm
According to the section entitled, "Understanding The Magnusson-Moss
Warranty Act", it plainly states:

"What the Magnuson-Moss Act Does Not Allow
There are three prohibitions under the Magnuson-Moss Act. They involve
implied warranties, so-called "tie-in sales" provisions, and deceptive or
misleading warranty terms.

Disclaimer or Modification of Implied Warranties
The Act prohibits anyone who offers a written warranty from disclaiming or
modifying implied warranties. This means that no matter how broad or narrow
your written warranty is, your customers always will receive the basic
protection of the implied warranty of merchantability. This is explained in
Understanding Warranties.

There is one permissible modification of implied warranties, however. If
you offer a "limited" written warranty, the law allows you to include a
provision that restricts the duration of implied warranties to the duration
of your limited warranty. For example, if you offer a two-year limited
warranty, you can limit implied warranties to two years. However, if you
offer a "full" written warranty, you cannot limit the duration of implied
warranties. This matter is explained in Titling Written Warranties as
"Full" or "Limited".

If you sell a consumer product with a written warranty from the product
manufacturer, but you do not warrant the product in writing, you can
disclaim your implied warranties. (These are the implied warranties under
which the seller, not the manufacturer, would otherwise be responsible.)
But, regardless of whether you warrant the products you sell, as a seller,
you must give your customers copies of any written warranties from product
manufacturers."

You ARE allowed to limit the implied warranties you created spamming our
newsgroup to the 3 years of your warranty, however you are NOT ALLOWED to
simply tell us it doesn't apply to you just because you don't like the law.
All implied warranties are in effect until the end of the 3-year warranty
period if you tell us....or until the end of the product's useful life if
you don't. Been there, tested that....(c; Your written limited warranty
IS responsible for your implied warranties. FTC, tasked with enforcement,
even tells you so in the booklet. Go read it. Everyone should read it.
It's why WalMart takes back the toaster without a fight. WalMart isn't
your friend, they are simply following the law!

STERNDRIVE OFFERS NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE
FACE OF THIS DOCUMENT. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREUNDER, ALL EXPRESS AND
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OF WHATSOEVER NATURE,
INCLUDING WARRANTIES ARISING UNDER THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE AND UNDER
STATE AND FEDERAL LAW ARE EXCLUDED. SUBJECT
TO THE ONE (1) YEAR WARRANTY HEREUNDER, PURCHASER ACCEPTS THE PRODUCT “AS
IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AS MAY BE THE CASE.

What? I accept the product "as is"..."with all faults"?

But YOU SAID IT WAS A NO FAULT WARRANTY AND YOU'D FIX ANYTHING FOR 3
YEARS!....A WONDERFUL NEW WARRANTY THAT COVERS EVERYTHING THAT COULD HAPPEN
TO IT FOR THREE YEARS, A NEW INDUSTRY STANDARD BY WHICH EVEN THE MOST
EXPENSIVE BOATS ON THE PLANET COULD MATCH! Now, you're lawyers are telling
me that's all a dirty lie and I have to accept some unnamed parts, probably
everything except the cases, "as is"..."with all faults"..."AS MAY BE THE
CASE"??@!!!!

Again.....WHICH IS IT? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS! YOU ALSO CAN'T JUST
IGNORE THE LAW OF THE LAND, EITHER!

"STERNDRIVE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, GUARANTIES, OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING
THE RELIABILITY OR USE OF THE PRODUCT EXCEPT
AS SET FORTH HEREUNDER.

OH, ****, THANKS! You spam our newsgroup telling us NOTHING IS OUR FAULT
AND EVERYTHING IS COVERED UNDER THIS NEW WARRANTY, but then the warranty
tells us, TOUGH ****, WE'RE NOT GOING TO WARRANTY OR GUARANTY ANYTHING
ABOUT RELIABILITY OR USE OF THE PRODUCT!???????

Well, I can see we're never going to be buying ANYTHING from a liar and
scoundrel like YOU and YOUR COMPANY!

Well, I got news for you and your company:

"Implied Warranties
Implied warranties are unspoken, unwritten promises, created by state law,
that go from you, as a seller or merchant, to your customers. Implied
warranties are based upon the common law principle of "fair value for money
spent," There are two types of implied warranties that occur in consumer
product transactions. They are the implied warranty of merchantability and
the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.

The implied warranty of merchantability is a merchant's basic promise that
the goods sold will do what they are supposed to do and that there is
nothing significantly wrong with them. In other words, it is an implied
promise that the goods are fit to be sold. The law says that merchants make
this promise automatically every time they sell a product they are in
business to sell. For example, if you, as an appliance retailer, sell an
oven, you are promising that the oven is in proper condition for sale
because it will do what ovens are supposed to do—bake food at controlled
temperatures selected by the buyer. If the oven does not heat, or if it
heats without proper temperature control, then the oven is not fit for sale
as an oven, and your implied warranty of merchantability would be breached.
In such a case, the law requires you to provide a remedy so that the buyer
gets a working oven.

The implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose is a promise that
the law says you, as a seller, make when your customer relies on your
advice that a product can be used for some specific purpose. For example,
suppose you are an appliance retailer and a customer asks for a clothes
washer that can handle 15 pounds of laundry at a time. If you recommend a
particular model, and the customer buys that model on the strength of your
recommendation, the law says that you have made a warranty of fitness for a
particular purpose. If the model you recommended proves unable to handle
15-pound loads, even though it may effectively wash 10-pound loads, your
warranty of fitness for a particular purpose is breached.

Implied warranties are promises about the condition of products at the time
they are sold, but they do not assure that a product will last for any
specific length of time. (The normal durability of a product is, of course,
one aspect of a product's merchantability or its fitness for a particular
purpose.) Nor does the law say that everything that can possibly go wrong
with a product falls within the scope of implied warranties. For example,
implied warranties do not cover problems such as those caused by abuse,
misuse, ordinary wear, failure to follow directions, or improper
maintenance.

Generally, there is no specified duration for implied warranties under
state laws. However, the state statutes of limitations for breach of either
an express or an implied warranty are generally four years from date of
purchase. This means that buyers have four years in which to discover and
seek a remedy for problems that were present in the product at the time it
was sold. It does not mean that the product must last for four years. It
means only that the product must be of normal durability, considering its
nature and price."

I'll post the other disclaimers and innuendo of your warranty, but I think
we've pretty much shredded any credibility you tried to make us believe
with your Implied Warranty of Merchantability spam to our newsgroup.

Good day, Sir. The webmaster will let you out, after a little strip search
to recover anything you may have attracted like a magnet.....

Have a nice day!....(c;

Here's the rest, guys, if you haven't fallen out of your chair laughing at
him.....
"4. LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. STERNDRIVE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR
PURCHASER OF ITS
PRODUCTS, FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY
TYPE. THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY TO THE USER OR BUYER,
AND THE LIMIT OF LEGAL LIABILITY OF STERNDRIVE HEREUNDER, SHALL BE THE
REPLACEMENT OF ANY DEFECTIVE PARTS OR THE REPAIR OF
ANY AND ALL DEFECTIVE MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF
DEFECTIVE WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS SHALL BE
THE EXCLUSIVE AND SOLE REMEDY PROVIDED TO USER AND/OR PURCHASER. UNDER NO
CIRCUMSTANCES WILL STERNDRIVE OR ITS
DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO
PURCHASER OR USER FOR ANY SPECIAL OR INDIRECT
DAMAGES INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR THE LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION, PERSONAL INJURY, AND GENERAL
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ALL LOSSES ARISING OUT OF THE INABILITY TO
USE OR OPERATE THE PRODUCT.
STERNDRIVE’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO USER OR PURCHASER, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY
NATURE, REGARDLESS
OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT
LIABILITY, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE STRICTLY
LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE STERNDRIVE PRODUCT. ALL
WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREUNDER ARE GRANTED
SOLELY BY STERNDRIVE, AND NO MODIFICATION OF THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE VALID,
UNLESS REDUCED IN WRITING AND APPROVED BY THE
DIRECTORS OF STERNDRIVE. NO THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING DEALER, SERVICE AGENTS,
WORKMEN, OR THE LIKE MAY MAKE ANY ACTUAL OR
IMPLIED MODIFICATION, EXTENSION, OR REVISION TO THIS WARRANTY PLAN. THIS
WARRANTY IS INTENDED TO LIMIT THE RIGHTS OF ANY USER
OR PURCHASER TO THE ONE (1) YEAR WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN AND SHALL BE
STRICTLY CONSTRUED TO ACCOMPLISH THAT OBJECTIVE.
5. NOTIFICATION. All notices furnished to Sterndrive hereunder, including
all notifications to Sterndrive of claims under the
aforementioned limited warranty, shall be furnished to Sterndrive at its
principal offices located at 1401 North Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, Florida
33755. You are
required to notify Sterndrive of any alleged defect to the product within
the applicable warranty period; and you are also required to furnish such
additional
information, warranty applications and other materials reasonably requested
by Sterndrive in order to process your warranty claim. Your failure to
furnish all
materials reasonably requested by Sterndrive shall void all warranty rights
hereunder. Sterndrive will inspect and investigate your warranty claim; and
only those
defects covered by the above written warranty will be repaired or replaced,
in the sole discretion of Sterndrive. Should warranty service be required,
you will be
responsible for delivering the product, at your expense, together with
proof of purchase and other documentation requested by Sterndrive, to the
repair facility
designated by Sterndrive for such repairs. All warranty claims herein must
be furnished to Sterndrive, in writing, within a period of 14 days from
buyer or user’s
discovery of any defect or problem covered hereunder. From the date of
notice to Sterndrive, buyer or user must return the defective unit as
instructed by
Sterndrive, within thirty (30) days from the date of first notice of
defect; otherwise, all warranties hereunder are null and void.
6. TERMS OF PURCHASE. Purchaser agrees to be responsible for all freight
charges for products received from or
returned to Sterndrive. In the event that a balance due becomes delinquent,
Sterndrive will be entitled to recover late charges of 1½ percent per month
until paid
in full, banking charges or a reasonable attorney’s fee and court costs
where applicable. All refused or returned items must be received by
Sterndrive in the same
condition (new and undamaged) and will be subject to freight charges and a
10% restocking fee. Purchaser agrees to waive the right to challenge or set
aside any
lawful charge made by Sterndrive for the sale of its products or services.
7. VENUE FOR ENFORCEMENT. This Agreement is made in the State of Florida,
and all products manufactured by
Sterndrive are sold at its principal offices in Clearwater, Florida. The
limited warranties specified hereunder, and all rights and claims of user
or buyer hereunder,
must be enforced in the State of Florida. Venue for the enforcement of this
Agreement and for the resolution of any disputes between Sterndrive and its
buyers or
users, including all suits to construe the terms of this Agreement, shall
be adjudicated in Pinellas County, Florida. In the event that buyer or user
asserts any
claims against Sterndrive, under these warranty plans or otherwise, and in
the event that such claims are not resolved through direct negotiations
between the
parties, then all such claims and disputes shall be subject to non-binding
mediation in Pinellas County, Florida, as a condition precedent to buyer
asserting any
legal action against Sterndrive. Said mediation shall be conducted by a
certified mediator under the laws of the State of Florida, and each party
shall be
responsible for paying an equal share of all mediation costs. This
mandatory mediation shall be a condition precedent to the filing of any
legal action or lawsuit,
and the terms of this Agreement shall be enforceable by any court of
competent jurisdiction.
8. GENERAL TERMS. The terms and conditions of the limited warranty plans
set forth hereunder are a part of the bargain
between the parties hereto, and are material to setting the price of sale
of Sterndrive’s products. The terms and conditions set forth hereunder
constitute the entire
agreement and transaction between the parties; and all prior discussions,
negotiations, telephone conferences, dealings, course of conduct, and other
relationships between the parties are hereby merged into this Agreement.
This Agreement shall supercede all prior negotiations and dealings between
the parties,
and time shall be of the essence in construing the terms hereof. By
concluding the transaction between the parties, buyer and Sterndrive agree
to all of the terms
and conditions set forth hereinabove."

Why do they always try to pull this **** with anything over $1000?? They
CAN'T be THAT stupid, can they??

"Larry" expounded lugubriously:
WHOA! WHOA! W-H-O-A!!!
... we're never going to be buying ANYTHING from a
liar and scoundrel like YOU and YOUR COMPANY!

Did someone drop an SEI drive on your head as a child?

Default Experience with SEI Sterndrive, was Ad: Sterndrive Engineering...

Ernest Scribbler wrote:
"Larry" expounded lugubriously:

WHOA! WHOA! W-H-O-A!!!
... we're never going to be buying ANYTHING from a
liar and scoundrel like YOU and YOUR COMPANY!

Did someone drop an SEI drive on your head as a

child?

I think Larry was just hammering them for posting
an ad in a newsgroup that is not for advertising.
The proper place for the post would have been
rec.boats.marketplace

BTW, since they brought their drives and warranty
to the attention of the newsgroup, I had a
mechanic install an SEI drive on my 1986 Maxum
last year. The drive looked well made and had a
very good finish on it, but it had serious gear
noise right out of the box. The mechanic and
another sterndrive mechanic that I had look at it
thought that it had been incorrectly shimmed at
the factory.

We contacted the factory and they said to run it
for ten hours, and if it was still making the
noise they would warranty the drive, although we
would have to pay for the removal and
re-installation (~$600).

We took the boat on a long trip up the lake with
the idea of putting the hours on it, and
unfortunately hit a submerged rock with the lower
unit on the way back. Obviously, that voided the
warranty. The funny thing was that the SEI drive
sounded better with the crushed torpedo, and water
mixed in the oil than it ever did before the
strike. That lends some credence to the idea that
the drive was incorrectly setup at the factory,
because the strike probably pushed the gears
closer together.

I then bought a factory new Mercruiser outdrive to
put on the boat, put it on myself, and had no more
trouble with the outdrive.

I think that SEI makes a good product, and hope
that they are successful with it, but in checking
around found that a lot of people were having
trouble with the "gear noise" problem about that
time. They may have found and fixed the problem
by now.

Don W.

"Ernest Scribbler" wrote in
et:

Did someone drop an SEI drive on your head as a child?

No, I was merely pointing out to a spammer that this is NOT the place to
advertise his product....you know.....where anyone can REPLY to the false
advertising and bull**** claims.....

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Don W wrote in news:aWUPg.2017
:

I had a
mechanic install an SEI drive on my 1986 Maxum
last year.

Voiding the warranty, according to their written warranty, as I quoted....

You should have read the warranty and demanded they send a manufacturing
person down so you didn't void it....

It's all there in the fine print, just after that part about stampeding
elephants.

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Actually, they didn't quibble about the fact that
we had installed it. They were going to warranty
the drive. I just had to pay for the removal,
shipping back to the factory, and re-installation
of the new drive.

Don W.

Larry wrote:
Don W wrote in news:aWUPg.2017
:

I had a
mechanic install an SEI drive on my 1986 Maxum
last year.

Voiding the warranty, according to their written warranty, as I quoted....

You should have read the warranty and demanded they send a manufacturing
person down so you didn't void it....

It's all there in the fine print, just after that part about stampeding
elephants.

"Larry" wrote
No, I was merely pointing out to a spammer that
this is NOT the place to advertise his product....

One man's spam is another's paté. The "Ad:" preface in the subject line
pretty clearly identifies the post for what it is, the poster makes no
attempt to obfuscate his identity, and the announcement involves a boating
related product in a boating newsgroup. Personally I'm not totally jiggy
about it, but it's not like SEI is flooding the group with such posts, so
I'm not so quick to put them in the same class as people peddling warez or
hawking cut-rate viagra. At any rate, what mostly struck me as odd was the
vitriol of your reply. Was it prompted by personal experience with SEI?

"Ernest Scribbler" wrote in
et:

no
attempt to obfuscate his identity,

No but he surely attempted to obfuscate his WARRANTY, didn't he?

Why are you defending this spammer?

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Don W wrote in news:rz2Qg.2193
:

Actually, they didn't quibble about the fact that
we had installed it. They were going to warranty
the drive. I just had to pay for the removal,
shipping back to the factory, and re-installation
of the new drive.

Not my point. My point it this is in DIRECT opposition to the statements
in the company's WARRANTY. Re-read my original reply to his false
advertising. Reread the warranty, itself, from:
http://www.sterndrive.cc/pdf/warranty91806.pdf

If you got different service from what this warranty plainly states,
consider yourself plainly lucky, indeed.....