Default provisioning

"MMC" wrote in message
.. .
(snippage) Taking a
luke warm shower and pumping sink water manually is not exactly a
sacrifice.
Maybe a little too hard core for you guys? Ha!
MMC
Still looking at the same sunsets, drinking cold drinks, not smelling like
a goat, etc. as you guys with 300 gallons....

"Ha!" indeed! On Essie, not only do you have to hand-pump the water, but in
the head you also have to hand-pump again to drain the sink. The lengths
some of us go to to avoid one more hole in the hull... lol

Escapade's water tank holds about 48 gallons. With two aboard, ten gallons
per day usage would last us...little more than two days.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:34:02 GMT, "MMC" wrote:

Picture if you had a 75 gal tank and an unintiated guest aboard ****ing
half
of it out the shower sump?

That would be difficult. Our old boat had a 75 gallon tank, pressure
hot water, shower, etc. It would typically last the two of us about a
week.

The new boat has a pair of 250 gallon tanks but I keep the second one
valved off as a reserve which we've never needed, even on a three week
cruise. On the other hand, we don't use the washer/dryer very much,
wash the chain down with seawater, never use the windshield washers,
and use the ice maker only for cold drinks...

Some sacrifices have to be made. :-)

How often do you change the water in the jacuzzi? ;-)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:26:21 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

Some sacrifices have to be made. :-)

How often do you change the water in the jacuzzi? ;-)

Next boat.

On the other hand I have said that there will be no next boat.

We'll see.

KLC Lewis wrote:

"Ha!" indeed! On Essie, not only do you have to hand-pump the water, but in
the head you also have to hand-pump again to drain the sink. The lengths
some of us go to to avoid one more hole in the hull... lol

Escapade's water tank holds about 48 gallons. With two aboard, ten gallons
per day usage would last us...little more than two days.

I suppose that is why some people pay the $$ for a
watermaker. Our Irwin 38 only has a 70 gallon
tank. You think that's bad? The holding tank is
only 8 gallons.

Don W. == who is in the process of figuring out
where to put all the additional tanks.

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 02:55:56 GMT, Don W
wrote:

Our Irwin 38 only has a 70 gallon
tank. You think that's bad? The holding tank is
only 8 gallons.

After 8 gallons you are supposed to "go" off shore. :-)

You are clearly a candidate for a Y-valve and/or macerator pump.

"Don W" wrote in message
t...

KLC Lewis wrote:

"Ha!" indeed! On Essie, not only do you have to hand-pump the water, but
in the head you also have to hand-pump again to drain the sink. The
lengths some of us go to to avoid one more hole in the hull... lol

Escapade's water tank holds about 48 gallons. With two aboard, ten
gallons per day usage would last us...little more than two days.

I suppose that is why some people pay the $$ for a watermaker. Our Irwin
38 only has a 70 gallon tank. You think that's bad? The holding tank is
only 8 gallons.

Don W. == who is in the process of figuring out where to put all the
additional tanks.

If I removed the 16hp diesel and its tank, I could add about 100 gallons of
water storage and gain a nice aft cabin to boot... lol

The best definition I've ever heard for a boat is "a floating collection of
compromises."

Ryk Ryk is offline

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:07:06 -0400, in message

wrote:

Our Irwin 38 only has a 70 gallon
tank. You think that's bad? The holding tank is
only 8 gallons.

After 8 gallons you are supposed to "go" off shore. :-)

8 gallons wouldn't be enough to get me to a legal discharge zone. Not
without some serious leg crossing.

Ryk

MMC MMC is offline

500 Gal? I wouldn't worry about showers either! Must be nice.
My GS 41 has a 75 gal in the bilge (not a lot of tankage in these old
beasts) and I've added a 30 gal Vetus soft tank. Plumbed as yours with
drawing the larger tank down first and holding the 30 gal as a reserve,
let's me know it's time to refill.
MMC

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:34:02 GMT, "MMC" wrote:

Picture if you had a 75 gal tank and an unintiated guest aboard ****ing
half
of it out the shower sump?

That would be difficult. Our old boat had a 75 gallon tank, pressure
hot water, shower, etc. It would typically last the two of us about a
week.

The new boat has a pair of 250 gallon tanks but I keep the second one
valved off as a reserve which we've never needed, even on a three week
cruise. On the other hand, we don't use the washer/dryer very much,
wash the chain down with seawater, never use the windshield washers,
and use the ice maker only for cold drinks...

Some sacrifices have to be made. :-)

MMC MMC is offline

I mounted the Vetus soft tank under the locker in the pass thru. There had
been one there at some point in the distant past (1973 boat).
I have room to mount a genset out board of the 4-107, but it would give a
serious list, not to mention the fact that I really like having easy access
all around the engine. So we conserve 12v too. And can pay for a lot of
dinners and drinks beachside with the big boat bucks I didn't spend on one
MMC

"Don W" wrote in message
t...