Lee Haefele

Default Yanmar 1GM10 Thank you for all your help

The screw that holds the cam (shoe) in place can also leak.
Lee Haefele
"Shawnews" wrote in message
Thanks everyone for your help. You confirmed my assumptions, and gave
good advice.

Thanks

"Shawnews" wrote in message
Good morning

I hope someone can help with an annoying problem.
I have a Yanmar 1GM10 inboard on my small sailing boat. It runs really
well. Recently I had it serviced, oil changed etc. including replacing
the impeller.

It has had a salt water leak for many years before I owned the boat. I
have only owned the vessel for 2 years.

The salt water is coming through the impeller housing, and dripping from
the designed hole between the impeller and the engine. I sense this is
where the engine shaft goes through to drive the impeller. It is not
coming from a gasket - that would be too easy! I did not see what the
seal is like where the shaft enters the area of the impeller. Is there a
replaceable seal there? Will it need a new impeller housing? I hope
not. No gaskets are leaking at all. He put on a new gasket when he
replaced the impeller.

I would appreciate any information you may have in this regard.

Many thanks

Yanmar advice needed Don W Cruising 17 May 21st 06 06:20 AM
Installing a saildrive Yanmar into a 32 Pearson Willy Boat Building 3 March 23rd 06 03:26 AM
EP: Yanmar YSB12 starts after long layup,.. Larry Cruising 1 March 22nd 06 05:06 AM
EP: Yanmar YSB12 starts after long layup,.. Matt Colie Boat Building 0 March 21st 06 08:38 PM
Alternator manager for old yanmar? [email protected] General 1 February 24th 06 07:40 PM