Default Yanmar 1GM10

These engines were brought in for the Great Lakes and not meant for salt
water use.
Get that leak fixed very quick. The steel tube transferring the lubrication
oil from one side to the other runs under the leak and will rust and let the
lubricating oil drain out and you will run dry that is what happened to me.
Hundred dollars of repair/maintenance is nothing compare to a new engine.
If you do not know your way around diesel get someone that does and pay the
penalty. If you happen to lose you engine power at sea the cost will be
more. The cost for towing a boat in the US is not always free let alone the
aggravation. While you're getting the leak fixed check the lubrication
steel tube and if it is rusted replace it.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:48:41 -0400, "Leanne" wrote:

On the previous engine I had, I bought a rebuild kit usually that had a
new
shaft and seals.
I think this is standard for most water pumps. About every third impeller
replacement, I would order the kit.

Probably good advice since my experience is that water pumps are one
of the first things to fail at approximately 500 to 1000 hours. My
recommendation would be to buy a complete spare pump and rebuild the
old one at your leisure.

By all means, do not ignore the leaking seal. Things will only get
worse and end with a total failure at some inopportune time.

http://www.depcopump.com/home.htm

or

http://www.torresen.com/