Wayne.B

Default Yanmar 1GM10

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:48:41 -0400, "Leanne" wrote:

On the previous engine I had, I bought a rebuild kit usually that had a new
shaft and seals.
I think this is standard for most water pumps. About every third impeller
replacement, I would order the kit.

Probably good advice since my experience is that water pumps are one
of the first things to fail at approximately 500 to 1000 hours. My
recommendation would be to buy a complete spare pump and rebuild the
old one at your leisure.

By all means, do not ignore the leaking seal. Things will only get
worse and end with a total failure at some inopportune time.

http://www.depcopump.com/home.htm

or

http://www.torresen.com/