just me

Default Marathon FL local knowledge sought

I visited the Dept of Trans in FL about 2 weeks ago and they told me 30
days. So I registered and bought the sticker.

--

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Absent repairs being made, then 90 days is correct ?

"A H FOSTER" wrote in message

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
BTW how long can an out of state boat remain in FL before it is subject
to FL tax ? I was thinking it was 90 days, but perhaps that is not
correct.

You can stay longer as I recall as long as you are having work done in a
yard that meets certain criteria. And there is some paper work that you
and the yard must fill out.

Capt.
Bill

A H FOSTER

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Absent repairs being made, then 90 days is correct ?

Here's were you can get the definitive answer:
http://sun6.dms.state.fl.us/dor/businesses/

Eisboch

"A H FOSTER" wrote in message

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Absent repairs being made, then 90 days is correct ?

Here's were you can get the definitive answer:
http://sun6.dms.state.fl.us/dor/businesses/

A H FOSTER,

I am curious. Does "Vacuum Resources" mean anything to you?

Eisboch

Skip Gundlach

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:14:35 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

The subject shoals are on the St. Pete side of the bridge, which
we assume to be mile marker 5 or some such.

Are you talking about taking the ICW south from St Pete or going under
the Sunshine Skyway out into the Gulf?

Are you starting from St Pete on Tampa Bay or from St Pete Beach on
the west side?

We're in Salt Creek Marina. We'll go under the skyway and head south.

We'll go outside. The fastest route there is my target. Generally speaking
, from my very limited experience, I want to avoid the ICW in my remaining
few - and any other, unlikely, subsequent, US sailing days (once we leave
FL, we don't expect to return to the US).

Thanks for the waypoints and headings, btw!

L8R

Skip and Lydia

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

A H FOSTER

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"A H FOSTER" wrote in message

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Absent repairs being made, then 90 days is correct ?

Here's were you can get the definitive answer:
http://sun6.dms.state.fl.us/dor/businesses/

A H FOSTER,

I am curious. Does "Vacuum Resources" mean anything to you?

Eisboch

Check your Email.

Capt. Bill

Wayne.B

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:11:28 -0500, "Skip Gundlach" skipgundlach at
gmail dotcom wrote:

Thanks for the waypoints and headings, btw!

Glad to be of assistance. Keep us posted on progress and good luck
with your voyage.

Garland Gray II

Thanks me and AH Foster.
I'll call tomorrow.
I'm recollecting my trip of four years ago; I believe I was in FL in excess
of 30 days w/o having to register, and I think I would have been certain
that I need not.
I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

"A H FOSTER" wrote in message

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Absent repairs being made, then 90 days is correct ?

Here's were you can get the definitive answer:
http://sun6.dms.state.fl.us/dor/businesses/

Rosalie B.

"just me" wrote:

I visited the Dept of Trans in FL about 2 weeks ago and they told me 30
days. So I registered and bought the sticker.

If you buy a boat in Florida, I think you have 30 days (after you get
out of the yard where you are having repairs etc done) to get out of
the state and must stay out a year in order to avoid the sales tax.
If you just come to Florida from some other state where you have the
boat registered and have paid taxes etc there, then you have 90 days
before you have to register in Florida.

Note: The folks at the DMV or Department of Transportation or
whatever they call it in Florida are notorious around the country for
not knowing the correct answers to questions. There are a lot of them
and they don't always get the word. My daughter who was 21 years old
took the documents up to register her truck, and they told her she had
to get her father's signature. (She does look younger.) She did that
because she was still living at home, but when she went back the next
person she talked to asked her what in the world she had done that for
- of course she didn't have to have her father's signature after she
was an adult.

grandma Rosalie
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne.B
gmail dotcom wrote:

Thanks for the waypoints and headings, btw!

Glad to be of assistance. Keep us posted on progress and good luck
with your voyage.

Same here. And sorry I never got back to you on that genset.
__________________
Capt. Bill
Skip Gundlach

gmail dotcom wrote:

Thanks for the waypoints and headings, btw!

Glad to be of assistance. Keep us posted on progress and good luck
with your voyage.

Same here. And sorry I never got back to you on that genset.

--
capt.bill11

Thanks, Bill, and group,

And not to worry about the genset - it sold to a relatively-local guy who
was just about to buy his M41OI. I met him at the Morgan Invasion. Now, if
I could just find someone who wanted my refrigeration, other than the "sent
you too much money, send me the overage via Western Union" scam I'm
currently playing out... (see rec.boats.marketplace if interested)

Meanwhile, I'll post again about it later, separately, but the PT and
surgeon are, respectively, thrilled and amazed, with my progress.

It's no longer a case of whether, but when, I'll be able to put my arm over
my head with no assistance, in bumpy conditions, the target of this long
travail. Still no departure target, as it moves too much, but we'll be
outta here in the next few months. Off to the boat again 15Feb while my PT
(and surgeon, too, as he's the team doctor in addition to the shoulder
wizard for all) travels with the Braves to spring training. It works out
that our Christmas work trip was very beneficial to the arm; I'm hoping to
see a similar startling difference when I return 27Feb.

L8R

Skip, in rehab so I can refit :{))