Rosalie B.

Default Marathon FL local knowledge sought

"just me" wrote:

I visited the Dept of Trans in FL about 2 weeks ago and they told me 30
days. So I registered and bought the sticker.

If you buy a boat in Florida, I think you have 30 days (after you get
out of the yard where you are having repairs etc done) to get out of
the state and must stay out a year in order to avoid the sales tax.
If you just come to Florida from some other state where you have the
boat registered and have paid taxes etc there, then you have 90 days
before you have to register in Florida.

Note: The folks at the DMV or Department of Transportation or
whatever they call it in Florida are notorious around the country for
not knowing the correct answers to questions. There are a lot of them
and they don't always get the word. My daughter who was 21 years old
took the documents up to register her truck, and they told her she had
to get her father's signature. (She does look younger.) She did that
because she was still living at home, but when she went back the next
person she talked to asked her what in the world she had done that for
- of course she didn't have to have her father's signature after she
was an adult.

grandma Rosalie