Roger Long

Default New Arrival!

Our boat just arrived this morning. As soon as I get the kids off to
school, I'm going down to help unload her.

Our cruising adventures are now beginning.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Boat.htm

--

Roger Long

Larry W4CSC

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

Our boat just arrived this morning.

What was that old saying about the two best days were the day you got it
and the day you sold it?....(c;

LET THE CONSTANT BOAT REPAIRS AND UPKEEP BEGIN!

JR Gilbreath

Roger Long wrote:
Our boat just arrived this morning. As soon as I get the kids off to
school, I'm going down to help unload her.

Our cruising adventures are now beginning.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Boat.htm

Congratulations Roger, very nice but you need to teach the kids to take
care of themselves, after all first things first.
Good Sailing
JR
Frank

Congratulations!

As they say in the islands, "Peace be the journey!"

Frank

JG

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Our boat just arrived this morning. As soon as I get the kids off to
school, I'm going down to help unload her.

Our cruising adventures are now beginning.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Boat.htm

--

Roger Long

Beautiful... way to go!

rhys

On Wed, 04 May 2005 13:05:02 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Our boat just arrived this morning. As soon as I get the kids off to
school, I'm going down to help unload her.

Our cruising adventures are now beginning.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Boat.htm

Your boat's name was my nickname 25 years ago.

So I like it G Congratulations.

R.

Frank

rhys wrote:
Your boat's name was my nickname 25 years ago.
So I like it G Congratulations.

Interesting. We're planning to buy a new (used) boat this Summer and I
expressed the desire to name her with *my* childhood nickname; but my
wife and daughters said they were *not* interested in having a boat
called "Loup Garou" (the Cajun werewolf). When I offered my high school
nickname, "Generalissimo Franko" (I went to a military prep school; it
was inevitable.), they also decided to pass. We seem to be leaning
toward "Zombie Princess" and calling the dink "Grave Tender." Go
figure!

Frank

Roger Long

In our case, it had to be something from "Lord of the Rings". I am
enormously relieved that I got something that is also an English word
with other nice connotations accepted the naming committee.

I would have liked "Loup Garou" though.

--

Roger Long

Frank

Those darned naming committees can really be a pain, can't they? grin

LOTR offers so many possibilities; and, like you said, so many of them
could be pretty strange and/or obscure. I'd agree that y'all decided
wisely!

I do like "Zombie Princess" for us; it's a family joke. When the kids
were younger and asked me to tell 'em a story, I'd always start with,
"There were these flesh-eating zombies..." They'd scream, "NO! NO! A
story about a princess." So I'd say, "Once upon a time there was a
princess, who was a flesh-eating zombie!" It also works pretty well
because it'll be Zombie Princess of New Orleans.

Enjoy yourselves with your new boat!

Frank