Larry W4CSC

Default Vector Mfg closeout bargains

I have a Vector 2/10/40/100A computerized portable battery charger/battery
reconditioner. (WalMart sells this one for $89. Waste Marine sells the
next model DOWN for $129.95...a waste.) This computerized switching-
regulator, pure DC battery charger is the finest unit I've ever owned. It
down-shifts the charge as the battery comes up. Hell, you can set it on
40A and hook it to a little 2AH gelcell and its computer will set it to
charge the little gelcell, perfectly.

I've asked Vector to consider this design with one little software change
to create a mounted BIG CURRENT marine charger....the ability for it to
SELF START when you switch on a load in the boat. Once charge is complete,
the unit shuts itself completely down and you have to press a button to
restart it. Nuts.....

Being a switcher, with pure DC coming out of it, it doesn't induce hum on
the house batteries, even at 40A of power, to buzz your electronics.

Well, back to my topic......

While looking at the Closeout section of their webpages, I found some great
stuff for cruisers I thought you might be interested in.....

VEC239 PORTA-BLEND BLENDER
Model: VEC239-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $24.99

VEC236 SEVEN INCH HIGH SPEED SANDER/POLISHER
Model: VEC236 (remanufactured)
Date Added:
Price: $44.98

VEC234 12 VOLT DC HEAVY-DUTY TRUCK/RV FAN
Model: VEC234-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $10.99
NOTE - Great cabin fan made of METAL, not cheap plastic.
Powerful but quiet. No plastic noises!

VEC132-VECTORLITE 1,500,000 CANDLE POWER CORDED SPOTLIGHT
Model: VEC132-remanufactured
Date Added:
Price: $11.99
12V...Same unit is over $100 at Waste Marine....

VEC246 MINI CONSOLE (7 LITER) TRAVEL COOLER/WARMER
Model: VEC246-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $19.99
Beer cooler for cockpit?

VEC248 BUG-B-GONE/12-VOLT INSECT KILLER
Model: VEC248-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $4.99
There aren't any bugs in your boat, are there?
12 V but zapper.

Well, see and order from:
http://www.vectormfg.com/site2/vecto...t.php?cPath=40

They sure make great battery chargers......

Courtney Thomas

Is there a similar charger that'll do 6 & 24 volt as well ?

Thank you,

Courtney

Larry W4CSC wrote:

[...]

Date Added:
Price: $24.99

VEC236 SEVEN INCH HIGH SPEED SANDER/POLISHER
Model: VEC236 (remanufactured)
Date Added:
Price: $44.98

VEC234 12 VOLT DC HEAVY-DUTY TRUCK/RV FAN
Model: VEC234-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $10.99
NOTE - Great cabin fan made of METAL, not cheap plastic.
Powerful but quiet. No plastic noises!

VEC132-VECTORLITE 1,500,000 CANDLE POWER CORDED SPOTLIGHT
Model: VEC132-remanufactured
Date Added:
Price: $11.99
12V...Same unit is over $100 at Waste Marine....

VEC246 MINI CONSOLE (7 LITER) TRAVEL COOLER/WARMER
Model: VEC246-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $19.99
Beer cooler for cockpit?

VEC248 BUG-B-GONE/12-VOLT INSECT KILLER
Model: VEC248-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:

--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II

Courtney Thomas

Larry,

In that I just read an article on charging that posited that in order to
conduct proper maintenance functions on batteries that... temperature
sensing is indicated, so, pardon the 2nd post, but I forgot to
ask...does the Vector do temperature sensing ?

What's your take on the temp sensing question ?

Thanks again,

Courtney

Larry W4CSC wrote:

[...]

Date Added:
Price: $24.99

VEC236 SEVEN INCH HIGH SPEED SANDER/POLISHER
Model: VEC236 (remanufactured)
Date Added:
Price: $44.98

VEC234 12 VOLT DC HEAVY-DUTY TRUCK/RV FAN
Model: VEC234-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $10.99
NOTE - Great cabin fan made of METAL, not cheap plastic.
Powerful but quiet. No plastic noises!

VEC132-VECTORLITE 1,500,000 CANDLE POWER CORDED SPOTLIGHT
Model: VEC132-remanufactured
Date Added:
Price: $11.99
12V...Same unit is over $100 at Waste Marine....

VEC246 MINI CONSOLE (7 LITER) TRAVEL COOLER/WARMER
Model: VEC246-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $19.99
Beer cooler for cockpit?

VEC248 BUG-B-GONE/12-VOLT INSECT KILLER
Model: VEC248-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $4.99
There aren't any bugs in your boat, are there?
12 V but zapper.

Well, see and order from:
http://www.vectormfg.com/site2/vecto...t.php?cPath=40

They sure make great battery chargers......

--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II
lying Oriental, NC
WDB5619

Jere Lull

In article ,
Larry W4CSC wrote:

I have a Vector 2/10/40/100A computerized portable battery charger/battery
reconditioner.

big snip

Being a switcher, with pure DC coming out of it, it doesn't induce hum on
the house batteries, even at 40A of power, to buzz your electronics.

Don't you believe that. I've got one and it knocks out FM reception for
about 50'. Suspect it'd scramble AM for vast distances.

--
Jere Lull

Dennis Gibbons

Larry,
When I looked one over at West, I did not see any ability to limit the
voltage to use on gel cells. What do you know about this issue?

--
Dennis Gibbons
dkgibbons at optonline dot net
"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
[...]

Date Added:
Price: $24.99

VEC236 SEVEN INCH HIGH SPEED SANDER/POLISHER
Model: VEC236 (remanufactured)
Date Added:
Price: $44.98

VEC234 12 VOLT DC HEAVY-DUTY TRUCK/RV FAN
Model: VEC234-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $10.99
NOTE - Great cabin fan made of METAL, not cheap plastic.
Powerful but quiet. No plastic noises!

VEC132-VECTORLITE 1,500,000 CANDLE POWER CORDED SPOTLIGHT
Model: VEC132-remanufactured
Date Added:
Price: $11.99
12V...Same unit is over $100 at Waste Marine....

VEC246 MINI CONSOLE (7 LITER) TRAVEL COOLER/WARMER
Model: VEC246-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $19.99
Beer cooler for cockpit?

VEC248 BUG-B-GONE/12-VOLT INSECT KILLER
Model: VEC248-(CLOSEOUTS)
Date Added:
Price: $4.99
There aren't any bugs in your boat, are there?
12 V but zapper.

Well, see and order from:
http://www.vectormfg.com/site2/vecto...t.php?cPath=40

They sure make great battery chargers......

Larry W4CSC

Courtney Thomas wrote in
:

Larry,

In that I just read an article on charging that posited that in order to
conduct proper maintenance functions on batteries that... temperature
sensing is indicated, so, pardon the 2nd post, but I forgot to
ask...does the Vector do temperature sensing ?

What's your take on the temp sensing question ?

Thanks again,

Courtney

No. I've never had a battery charger that does temperature sensing. I
don't know of anyone else who does, either.

Call Vector and ask them about the 6 and 24V charging. Hell, they're in Ft
Lauderdale. I can't imagine them, there in the yachting mecca, not
producing a whole line of yacht chargers, but they don't. The more boaters
that enquire, the better the chance of making them interested...

My Vector starts its charging cycle at something lower than I set it for,
as it detects charging voltage and and sets its current accordingly. Then,
it shuts down for about a minute after it has run for 2 minutes, probably
measuring how the voltage drops off after its initial charge. Then, it
comes charging, again, at some different level the computer in it has set
from the parameters it measured.

It seems very sensitive to voltage changes. You cannot charge a dead
battery with this unit as it will not start and give you an error if the
battery is simply dead. For those batteries, I give them an initial blast
from the old Schumaker to get their voltage up so the Vector will start.
I'm not sure why Vector does this, but it has happened when I tried to
charge my neighbor's car when he left the courtesy lights on all night and
killed it, hard.

Larry W4CSC

"Dennis Gibbons" wrote in
:

Larry,
When I looked one over at West, I did not see any ability to limit the
voltage to use on gel cells. What do you know about this issue?

I've used mine, quite successfully, to charge 2.2AH little gelcells, here.
This charger is a voltage sensor, it even shuts down after the first 2
minutes to measure the battery voltage dropping off for a minute so the
computer can adjust the charging current when it comes back on.

These little gelcells only get slightly warm, even if you set it on 40A,
which it won't turn on. I have no idea what its algorithm is, but it works
great.

Joe Bleau

Can you provide a part number of this charger. I went to their
website and can not find anything resembling it. As a matter of fact
I don't even find a charger--only starters. Thanks.