Ian Malcolm

JAXAshby wrote:
ian, it appears they released from gael. seasons greetings and good
panhandling.

Well I'll take that as misspelt, not as intended :-)
Oddly enough, I am taking a haggis & all the traditional trimmings to
somewhere in the Med for the new year.

As to panhandling, I've belived a few plausible rogues before now. I
have also helped some genuinely in need who have tried to repay me later
when they could. My usual response to the honest ones is 'Pay it
forward, not back'. Might do you the world of good to get outside and
see who YOU can help.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL:
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Uffa Fox designed,
All varnished hot moulded wooden racing dinghy circa. 1961
Scott Vernon

"James" wrote in message
..

1) Does JAXAshby post useful, intelligent information in his

to others?

Yes, once in a while.

2) Does JAXAshby ever post replies to others that are NOT insulting

and
rude?

Yes, but seldom.

3) Is there anyone on this newsgroup who thinks that JAXAshby makes

it a
better place?

Define 'better'.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

JAXAshby

Is there a snubber or other shock absorber in there
somewhere?

the author anchors on rope, using the cable for chafe protection. Read a copy
of GOB on a newsstand. The author (and wife) uses 100' lengths (say they wish
they had 50' lengths) hooked together with carbiners, hooked to a small amount
of chain hooked to an anchor. Makes it easy to put out two anchors (in case
the wind shifts) with a heavy kellet weight to eliminate the rode fouling the
keel or rudder.

Florida Keyz

1) Does JAXAshby post useful, intelligent information in his responses
to others?
Not that I am aware of. Seems he is loaded with mis information and insults.
Imature insults at that. Child like.

2) Does JAXAshby ever post replies to others that are NOT insulting and
rude?

If he has, I have missed it.
3) Is there anyone on this newsgroup who thinks that JAXAshby makes it a
better place?

I can't imagine any place that ol Jacks would make a better place. Can you
imagine stuck with this man on a boat and haveing to listen to his insesecent
rants? ekk

I have said it before, and I shall say it again, when ever jax posts, it's as
if someone farted in the room.

Sterling
Florida Keyz

maybe if we compained to aol?
Earl Colby Pottinger

James :

I would like to ask three questions:

1) Does JAXAshby post useful, intelligent information in his responses
to others?

Yes. But so rarely that I can't think where I saw the last one like that.

2) Does JAXAshby ever post replies to others that are NOT insulting and
rude?

Again yes. But also again rarely. Still more often than the answer to
question
#1.
3) Is there anyone on this newsgroup who thinks that JAXAshby makes it a
better place?

No. I have been deleting all his messages for the last two years, it has
made reading rec.boat.crusing a lot more fun.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to
krj

JAXAshby wrote:
or the invalidity of the concept of "hull speed",

It is a perfectly useful prediction of an approximation of the most
economical cruising speed in some cases.

nonsence. cut your speed to 80% and you will save 35% on your fuel. cut by
50% and save by about 75%.

fuel required goes up with drag, which goes up at the square of boat speed.

Cut it to zero and save 100%
Don White

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Blackbeard, of course, has a photo in his wallet of Jax in that skimpy
Speedo bathing suit...

....a well worn photo at that.......

Clive Cussler novel. N.L. Eckert General 45 December 7th 04 08:30 PM
a non-fire fire-arm Parallax Cruising 64 October 17th 04 04:35 AM
jaxashby caught in his own lie LaBomba182 General 36 March 22nd 04 12:27 PM
jaxashby caught in his own lie LaBomba182 Cruising 0 March 16th 04 04:53 PM
jaxashby caught in his own lie LaBomba182 Cruising 0 March 16th 04 02:22 PM