otnmbrd

Default jaxashby caught in his own lie

Jax doesn't have a reality, just a dream world of his own making.
When you read his post on any boating subject, it becomes painfully
clear that all his information comes from reading some brochures and
basic text on any given subject he will pontificate upon.
Generally, the only ones who will be caught by his nonsense are
"newbies" to the NG and boating.
Thankfully, it becomes clear, quickly, that he knows not about that
which he speaks and in general, everyone can sit back and watch him make
ANOTHER screaming ass of himself.
Recently, he was pontificating about RDF and promised all a further
installment regarding the "how to" of said subject. Alas, he got so many
negative/laughing responses to his initial RDF "thesis", that even he of
little mental comprehension, decided it was best not to continue, and in
an effort to divert, he created an argument regarding early computers.
Having "plonked" the dummy, I can't tell if his daily posting quotient
is still up there, but from the number of laughing/negative responses,
where the Jaxass's name comes into play, I must assume he may be back
under medical care and has resumed taking his "meds".

otn

Gene Kearns wrote:
On 16 Mar 2004 14:21:34 GMT, (LaBomba182) wrote:

Subject: Best 34 foot blue water cruiser... Jax warning

SNIP

Not really.... JAX is caught in his own reality. By observing his
opinions, behavior, etc..... it causes the reality to spin the other
way.

Strange, but backed up by theoretical math and physics. A special
case, as it were, just like JAX.

Example: Jax wearing a tuxedo.... which, when observed, appears as
Speedos......

JAXAshby

When you read his posts on any boating subject, it becomes painfully
clear that all his information comes from
experience

Steven Shelikoff

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:06:47 GMT, otnmbrd wrote:

Recently, he was pontificating about RDF and promised all a further
installment regarding the "how to" of said subject. Alas, he got so many
negative/laughing responses to his initial RDF "thesis", that even he of
little mental comprehension, decided it was best not to continue, and in
an effort to divert, he created an argument regarding early computers.
Having "plonked" the dummy, I can't tell if his daily posting quotient
is still up there, but from the number of laughing/negative responses,
where the Jaxass's name comes into play, I must assume he may be back
under medical care and has resumed taking his "meds".

Here's some oldie but goodie gems from Jax that I dug up, all said
seriously:

By definition, the Earth's surface is planar.
An ICBM has no navigation system.
There's no outside reference when using DR to navigate.
It costs $15,000/year to make 10gals of water/day with a shipboard
watermaker.
The human head can take about a 7 G blow before death becomes certain.
A rhumb line is a straight line on any chart, Mercator chart (sic) or
otherwise.
A rhumb is distance between two points one compass point apart.
Alternators are (for all practical purposes) capable of only producing
one voltage, no matter the rpm.
If you can see outside reference points, then you KNOW where you are...
There is no such thing as a north seeking gyro.

Steve
Shen44

When you read his posts on any boating subject, it becomes painfully
clear that all his information comes from
experience

Give it a rest, Jax, at best you'd fall into the category of "newbie" .... at
worst, some one with not enough brainpower to convert what he reads and or
experiences, into useable and/or practical actions or responses.
You may have a high IQ, but you definitely fall into the "stupid" category when
it comes to application and/or understanding.

Shen

JAXAshby

By definition, the Earth's surface is planar.

for the area under consideration, i.e. a hundred mile trip.

An ICBM has no navigation system.

"ballistic" means "ballistic"

There's no outside reference when using DR to navigate.

deduced reckoning is navigating by compass and knot log. neither are outside
references as to position

It costs $15,000/year to make 10gals of water/day with a shipboard
watermaker.

Don Casey says it is a dollar a gallon. The cost accountants would give the
higher figure, in the context of the problem under then discusssion.

etc.

JAXAshby

shen, you are a superstitious sailor wannabee. Supersition is by definition
the thought patterns and conclusions of the stupid with or without "time on
deck" wannabee is the definition of of those without tod.

it is near to impossible to have a rational discussion with the superstitious,
for the stupid are not normally much capable of rational thought -- it hurts
too much -- and mostly when ever they are faced with new information they deny
it and revert to wearing a red shirt to keep waves from boarding.

sorry shen, but *you* must NEVER take an EPIRB aboard. EPIRBS make you sterile
and cause boats to sink.

Steven Shelikoff

On 17 Mar 2004 14:46:14 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

By definition, the Earth's surface is planar.

for the area under consideration, i.e. a hundred mile trip.

Ah, I see. So then you're saying that if you are in NYC you can see
Philadelphia on a clear day, since they are only around 80 miles apart.
Very good. You nailed that one.

An ICBM has no navigation system.

"ballistic" means "ballistic"

Ah, I see. So then since the ICBMs are in the silos pointing straight
up and they have no navigation system, then the only thing they could
ever possibly hit is the silo that launched them. Very good. You
nailed that one too.

There's no outside reference when using DR to navigate.

deduced reckoning is navigating by compass and knot log. neither are outside
references as to position

Ah, I see. So a compass works without any outside reference, i.e., the
Earth's magnetic field. Very good. You nailed that one too and are
doing very well.

It costs $15,000/year to make 10gals of water/day with a shipboard
watermaker.

Don Casey says it is a dollar a gallon. The cost accountants would give the
higher figure, in the context of the problem under then discusssion.

Ah, I see. So 10gals/day at $1/per gal equates to $15,000/year. Very
good. You nailed that one too. You really are a whiz and are 4 for 4.
Care to try the rest?

He
The human head can take about a 7 G blow before death becomes certain.
A rhumb line is a straight line on any chart, Mercator chart (sic) or
otherwise.
A rhumb is distance between two points one compass point apart.
Alternators are (for all practical purposes) capable of only producing
one voltage, no matter the rpm.
If you can see outside reference points, then you KNOW where you are...
There is no such thing as a north seeking gyro.

Steve
JAXAshby

Ah, I see. So then you're saying that if you are in NYC you can see
Philadelphia on a clear day, since they are only around 80 miles apart.
Very good. You nailed that one.

and the *difference in distances using planer math is *how* much different that
using spherical math?

JAXAshby

Ah, I see. So then since the ICBMs are in the silos pointing straight
up and they have no navigation system, then the only thing they could
ever possibly hit is the silo that launched them. Very good. You
nailed that one too.

who said that couldn't be programed to turned to aim towards a target as they
lift off. Who said that was a "navigation" system.

dumb cluck. don't even know English as a language.