James

I've already told you JAXASHBY, your answers don't count.

For the sake of clarity I will ask again.

1) Does JAXAshby post useful, intelligent information in his responses
to others?

2) Does JAXAshby ever post replies to others that are NOT insulting and
rude?

3) Is there anyone on this newsgroup who thinks that JAXAshby makes it a
better place?
Cindy Ballreich

James wrote:
Cindy please answer the questions.

Thanks

Jimmy

Your questions are offtopic.
rhys

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:22:48 -0400, Terry Spragg
wrote:

Variations in his bootleg "medications" and erratic dosing by his
attendants cause marked changes in his avatar. Some think he is the
water cooler video game somewhere, played by different teams on an
obscure rotation schedule employing an 8-ball mystery answer
machine, or an Ouija board with a square ball bearing bouncing
around on an industrial bakery mixing cauldron half full of bricks
and goose grease, mounted on rusty springs.

Mr. Spragg, I salute your command of verbal imagery. A brief comment a
Scottish friend made once sums it up: "Yer man's got a heid full o'
wee motors". Classic.

He even complimented me, recently. That was scary. I had to re-read
a week's worth of my old postings, to see where I went wrong.

Yeah, I got one of those once, presumably right after one of his
"sessions"..or perhaps the moon was in phase or something.

It soon cleared up and he was back to chewing through his rode.

R.
Terry Spragg

JAXAshby wrote:

reply interspersed"

I would like to ask three questions:

1) Does JAXAshby post useful, intelligent information in his responses
to others?

of course. see discussions on the inherant dangers of anchoring on all chain,

Nonsense, I used a half a mile of chain and never had it snub, even
once. Alternating floats and kellets on chain, known as an accordion
mooring, work very well. If you had any experience, you'd know.

or the invalidity of the concept of "hull speed",

It is a perfectly useful prediction of an approximation of the most
economical cruising speed in some cases.

or why sails don't "suck" boat forward because they are "curved on one side",

Sails certainly do suck, because they are anti-curved on the other
side. All arguements can be expressed from more than one viewpoint.
It's a mathematically invertable answer, like the famous "Gravity
blows apart matter with negative mass." -I forgot who said that.

or my relating my recent
offshore trip.

Let me repeat that one, because you missed it. Quote: ENE. Nothing broke. No
drama. Unquote.

How long did mommy let you stay in the tub? You know your duckie is
rubber because of the way you drowned the other one. Real duckies
don't seem to like you very much. I think they all have Jungian
telepathy, and only there are you a hot topic. (pronounced "Yun-gee-an")

2) Does JAXAshby ever post replies to others that are NOT insulting and
rude?

Jax usually replies to himself, but even then sometimes he is polite.

I only slide down to the level of the idgits when they claim the world's source
of information is Popular Science magazine, and they learned everything there
is to know by the time they were 13 yrs old.

You do it more often than that. Besides, Popular Science is the
BEST source of information, partly because it's timely, partly
because it's free if you read it while waiting for your beloved to
meet you by the checkout, also, it must be good, because some people
pay to read it. Suckers.

3) Is there anyone on this newsgroup who thinks that JAXAshby makes it a

better place?

Does painting dog poo make it "better?" At least, the medium
precludes his appearing here in person, so...Yaaa. But, soon, we and
he will be able to embed a dedicated, live web cam window in every
posting. At that point, I would have to reverse my answer.

Of course I know because they email. Sadly, most leave not long after due to
SO much non-valid garbage information spouted by people afraid of 14 knot
winds.

Better the idiots who do not reef? They don't leave, zaK, they plonk
you again.

Jimmy

Jimmie's not here. Go back to sleep. Do not belive what the trolls
tell you they want.

Terry K

JAXAshby

Sails certainly do suck, because they are anti-curved on the other
side.

There is no such force in nature called "suck". It doesn't exist.

btw, a sheet of plywood has no curve or anti-curve to it at all and it most
certainly can be used to move a sailboat forward.

prodigal1

James wrote:
Cindy please answer the questions.

Thanks

Jimmy

*plonk*
one more for the idiot bin
Ian Malcolm

OP:
3) Is there anyone on this newsgroup who thinks that JAXAshby makes
it a better place?

Terry:
Does painting dog poo make it "better?" At least, the medium precludes
his appearing here in person, so...Yaaa. But, soon, we and he will be
able to embed a dedicated, live web cam window in every posting. At
that point, I would have to reverse my answer.

snip
Terry K

Remember that G*Dawful shot of him in black speedos he posted a few
years back? The idea of JaxCam makes me want to :-D=====# but if anyone
has a URL for 'that' self portrait, it would be a public service to post
the link with an industrial strength health warning attached.

*DONT* email it to me, one glance at it was entirely too much. GAG

Arguing with Jax is far too much like wrestling a pig in its sty. You'll
both get covered in sh-t but the pig will enjoy it. The most
entertainment for the easily amused would be betting on how many times
he contradicts himself.

Finally, Jax, if you are reading this, Seasons greetings to you. Please
make a new year's resolution to upgrade your trolling style from
chumming with minced well aged roadkill to dry fly fishing :-)
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL:
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Uffa Fox designed,
All varnished hot moulded wooden racing dinghy circa. 1961
JAXAshby

ian, it appears they released from gael. seasons greetings and good
panhandling.

From: Ian Malcolm lid
Date: 12/13/2004 8:48 PM Eastern Standard Time

OP:
[...]

Clive Cussler novel. N.L. Eckert General 45 December 7th 04 08:30 PM
a non-fire fire-arm Parallax Cruising 64 October 17th 04 04:35 AM
jaxashby caught in his own lie LaBomba182 General 36 March 22nd 04 12:27 PM
jaxashby caught in his own lie LaBomba182 Cruising 0 March 16th 04 04:53 PM
jaxashby caught in his own lie LaBomba182 Cruising 0 March 16th 04 02:22 PM