Rob Welling

Default Captain Available - Deliveries & For-Hire services

USCG Licensed 50-Ton Master Available for deliveries and private, or
commercial captain services. Located on W. Coast of FL, available US
Gulf coast, Florida, Florida Keys, Caribbean and US East Coast.

Experience on vessels ranging from 33' to 80'. Power and Sail.

Owner accompanied delieveries OK.

for more info, schedules and rates, contact Capt. Rob Welling at:
or call 941-587-6644.
LaBomba182

Since no one seemed to object to this post, I think I'll popcorn right on in:

USCG Licensed 100-Ton Master Available for deliveries and private training, or
commercial captain services.
Located on W. Coast of FL.
Available US Gulf coast, Florida, Florida Keys, Caribbean, Bahamas, South and
Central America, Cuba (well maybe not at this moment :-)) and US East Coast.

Experience on vessels ranging from 8' to 100'+ Power and Sail.
Owner accompanied deliveries OK.

For more info, schedules and rates, contact Capt. Bill Foster @:

Rob Welling

Captain Bill,

I guess I'm too new to the newsgroups to understand the relevance or
benefit of including your full post in my reply...considering it's one
level up on the same page anyway. Regardless, you're welcome. : )

I also don't understand two things...one, you wrote initially 'since
no one seemed to object to this post...' - is it not appropriate to
offer my services on the site? Honest question...I really don't know.

Two, you 'popcorning in' whatever that is, and your attitude about it,
I'm not sure where that's coming from. It seems it's because 'your
license is bigger than mine', or you said 100'+, etc...? OK. I'll have
my 100T by the end of the year, too, but I still realize ther are guys
out there with much more experience and a helluva lot 'bigger' license
than myself, and that smart-ass arrogance won't do you much good out
on the water, either with crew, or with mother nature. It's when you
think you know it all that the lessons really get learned. That said,
best of luck with the responses you've gotten.

Capt. Rob Welling
Sarasota, FL

Shen44

[...]

Some people will object, but so what and tough teaties..... look at all the OT
BS that fills these NG's .... at least you're On Topic.

BTW a license is only an indication of your training or background, and no
guarantee as to your real abilities.

Shen
LaBomba182

From: (Rob Welling)

Captain Bill,

I guess I'm too new to the newsgroups to understand the relevance or
benefit of including your full post in my reply...considering it's one
level up on the same page anyway. Regardless, you're welcome. : )

You seemed to object to my popcorning in, so I was just pointing out in a
sarcastic/humorous way that you had rerun my "ad" by reposting the full text.
And there by giving it even more play. :-)

I also don't understand two things...one, you wrote initially 'since
no one seemed to object to this post...' - is it not appropriate to
offer my services on the site? Honest question...I really don't know.

Some would consider your post as a form of Spam which is technically against
the rules of a newsgroup. And frowned upon by many. But since no one
did........

Two, you 'popcorning in' whatever that is,

It means to jump in or show up uninvited. And/or to invite yourself.

and your attitude about it,
I'm not sure where that's coming from.

Don't recall having an "attitude"?

It seems it's because 'your
license is bigger than mine', or you said 100'+, etc...?

Not at all. Just stated the facts. Perhaps you're projecting. :-)

Besides, why would I minimize my experience while trying to solicit business?

OK. I'll have
my 100T by the end of the year, too,

Great!
Let me know when you get it and I'll buy you a boat drink to celebrate.

but I still realize ther are guys
out there with much more experience and a helluva lot 'bigger' license
than myself,

The size of someone's license can be meaning less. Except, sadly, to the
insurance companies.
There are lots of "paper captains" out there. As you may already have seen.

and that smart-ass arrogance won't do you much good out
on the water, either with crew, or with mother nature.

It can come in handy at times? My crews have seemed to prefer it to flogging.
:-)

It's when you
think you know it all that the lessons really get learned.

True brudda, true.

That said,
best of luck with the responses you've gotten.

Thanks, you too.

Capt. Rob Welling
Sarasota, FL

I guess I'm too new to the newsgroups

One word of advice, don't fall into the trap of taking what gets posted on them
to seriously. It can lead to long hours starring at a monitor screen and less
time on the water.
:-)

Capt. Bill Foster
Sarasota, FL
Rob Welling

(LaBomba182) wrote in message ...
From:
(Rob Welling)

Captain Bill,

I guess I'm too new to the newsgroups to understand the relevance or
benefit of including your full post in my reply...considering it's one
level up on the same page anyway. Regardless, you're welcome. : )

You seemed to object to my popcorning in, so I was just pointing out in a
sarcastic/humorous way that you had rerun my "ad" by reposting the full text.
And there by giving it even more play. :-)

I also don't understand two things...one, you wrote initially 'since
no one seemed to object to this post...' - is it not appropriate to
offer my services on the site? Honest question...I really don't know.

Some would consider your post as a form of Spam which is technically against
the rules of a newsgroup. And frowned upon by many. But since no one
did........

OK, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Two, you 'popcorning in' whatever that is,

It means to jump in or show up uninvited. And/or to invite yourself.

OK, good to know.

and your attitude about it,
I'm not sure where that's coming from.

Don't recall having an "attitude"?

Even the sarcastic / humorous one you mentioned?

It seems it's because 'your
license is bigger than mine', or you said 100'+, etc...?

Not at all. Just stated the facts. Perhaps you're projecting. :-)

Is that sarcastic and humorous too? Or is that simply denying the fact
that many of your posts 'sarcastically and humorously' make subtle
attempts to belittle the original author? In my opinion, if you can
only make yourself look valuable, intelligent, experienced or
qualified for certain things by trying to make others look less so,
that alone speaks volumes. The few posts you have put up on this board
that actually offer real info/advice, make it appear you know what
you're talking about, but the approach? well, I don't think it's me
projecting. I just don't think it's the most effective or impressive
way to present oneself. Then again, I'm sure the last thing you care
about is impressing me! It certainly appears to be just a pecking
order issue with you or something, so um, consider me pecked, if you
like.

Besides, why would I minimize my experience while trying to solicit business?

OK, fair enough, but....why would you place a footnote on someone
else's post rather than place your own if you really were interested
in soliciting business? Unless.....you could make yourself look
'better' by 'humorously' attempting to make the other person appear
less qualified than yourself? Again, judging from numerous other posts
of yours, it's more about that than the work or the subject of the
post in general. But hey, to each his own...

OK. I'll have
my 100T by the end of the year, too,

Great!
Let me know when you get it and I'll buy you a boat drink to celebrate.

We'll see...lol!

but I still realize ther are guys
out there with much more experience and a helluva lot 'bigger' license
than myself,

The size of someone's license can be meaning less. Except, sadly, to the
insurance companies.
There are lots of "paper captains" out there. As you may already have seen.

Very true. there are, and I have... But there are a lot of working
captains (sorry I wasn't specific, i think you got my point, though)
that indeed have way more experience and qualifications than you or I.
So the know it all stuff, or cockiness, or 'sarcastic humor' if you
will, indeed made me laugh, but only because I don't think the way
you sort of 'one-upped' each of the things I posted, really says too
much about what you have to offer, but more about who you are (good or
bad, not for me to say, it's just not my style, nor do I appreciate
it, that's all). Matbe an unlimited-ticket container ship captain will
chime in, maybe he could offer you a bit of humility, something I
apparently can't, what with my measly qualifications. :-)

and that smart-ass arrogance won't do you much good out
on the water, either with crew, or with mother nature.

It can come in handy at times? My crews have seemed to prefer it to flogging.
:-)

What about when mother nature is flogging you? bet you're wishing she
had your sarcastic sense of humor, and was just kidding, eh? :-)

It's when you
think you know it all that the lessons really get learned.

True brudda, true.

That said,
best of luck with the responses you've gotten.

Thanks, you too.

Capt. Rob Welling
Sarasota, FL

I guess I'm too new to the newsgroups

One word of advice, don't fall into the trap of taking what gets posted on them
to seriously. It can lead to long hours starring at a monitor screen and less
time on the water.
:-)

You know, after all that, I couldn't agree more. That's some solid
advice. Thanks! Take care Bill..gonna put this one to bed. We're all
in it for the same thing....to be out there, not here in front of this
box, eh?!?

See ya around.

Rob.

Capt. Bill Foster
Sarasota, FL

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
paradise cove trip Brien Alkire ASA 31 February 15th 04 11:17 PM
Captain Dmytro Biriukovych is The Ukrainian Observer's Man of the Year. Chris Brady Tall Ships 1 January 15th 04 10:47 AM
Charter Captain Anthony Tardo General 6 October 19th 03 11:12 PM
Tampa Bay Radio Pirate Is Licensed Captain Boating Safety Comm Volunteers Cruising 14 August 27th 03 10:03 PM