Falky foo

Default Calif registration form question

Hi, I'm about to register a little dink in CA and I'm looking at the PDF
"Application for Registration Number" I downloaded from the Calif DMV web
site. A couple of the fields they want me to fill out are the CF number and
the "sticker issued" field .. but don't THEY do that? The fields aren't in
a different part of the application or greyed out or anything, they don't
say "for DMV use only," they're right at the top and available to be filled
in by Acrobat. Do I just leave those blank and let them do it? If so, what
other fields shouldn't I fill in before mailing it to them?

Thanks very much!

Falky foo

Here's another question. The DMV site says the total due for a new
registration is $9, but then the actual law says:

"The application shall be signed by the owner of the vessel and shall be
accompanied by a fee of nine dollars ($9), in addition to the fees required
under subdivision (b) ..."

Subdivision (b) says:

"(b) (1) Whenever the fee for original registration of a vessel becomes due
between January 1 and December 31 of any even-numbered year, the application
shall be accompanied by a fee of five dollars ($5), in addition to any other
fees that are then due and payable."

So does that mean I send in a check for $14?

Thanks again!

"Falky foo" wrote in message
. com...
Hi, I'm about to register a little dink in CA and I'm looking at the PDF
"Application for Registration Number" I downloaded from the Calif DMV web
site. A couple of the fields they want me to fill out are the CF number

and
the "sticker issued" field .. but don't THEY do that? The fields aren't

in
a different part of the application or greyed out or anything, they don't
say "for DMV use only," they're right at the top and available to be

filled
in by Acrobat. Do I just leave those blank and let them do it? If so,

what
other fields shouldn't I fill in before mailing it to them?

Thanks very much!

Jim

Taco Heaven wrote:

Why don't you call DMV of California?

Ya, like calling the DMV will put you on the phone with someone who
knows the answer. That's IF you get a human on the phone.

I'd mail in the $9 and then send in the rest when, and if, they billed
me for it.

If the form says "the total due for a new registration is $9", that may
include the $5.
Jim

"Falky foo" wrote in message
m...

Here's another question. The DMV site says the total due for a new
registration is $9, but then the actual law says:

"The application shall be signed by the owner of the vessel and shall be
accompanied by a fee of nine dollars ($9), in addition to the fees
required
under subdivision (b) ..."

Subdivision (b) says:

"(b) (1) Whenever the fee for original registration of a vessel becomes
due
between January 1 and December 31 of any even-numbered year, the
application
shall be accompanied by a fee of five dollars ($5), in addition to any
other
fees that are then due and payable."

So does that mean I send in a check for $14?

Thanks again!

"Falky foo" wrote in message
y.com...

Hi, I'm about to register a little dink in CA and I'm looking at the PDF
"Application for Registration Number" I downloaded from the Calif DMV web
site. A couple of the fields they want me to fill out are the CF number

and

the "sticker issued" field .. but don't THEY do that? The fields aren't

in

a different part of the application or greyed out or anything, they don't
say "for DMV use only," they're right at the top and available to be

filled

in by Acrobat. Do I just leave those blank and let them do it? If so,

what

other fields shouldn't I fill in before mailing it to them?

Thanks very much!

Taco Heaven

In my state they actually have every quick phone response for both the DNR
and the DMV. They use a rolling registration, based upon the owners
birthday, so they are never overloaded. It does make it very easy to
register.

"Jim" wrote in message
k.net...

Taco Heaven wrote:

Why don't you call DMV of California?

Ya, like calling the DMV will put you on the phone with someone who knows
the answer. That's IF you get a human on the phone.

I'd mail in the $9 and then send in the rest when, and if, they billed me
for it.

If the form says "the total due for a new registration is $9", that may
include the $5.
Jim

"Falky foo" wrote in message
m...

Here's another question. The DMV site says the total due for a new
registration is $9, but then the actual law says:

"The application shall be signed by the owner of the vessel and shall be
accompanied by a fee of nine dollars ($9), in addition to the fees
required
under subdivision (b) ..."

Subdivision (b) says:

"(b) (1) Whenever the fee for original registration of a vessel becomes
due
between January 1 and December 31 of any even-numbered year, the
application
shall be accompanied by a fee of five dollars ($5), in addition to any
other
fees that are then due and payable."

So does that mean I send in a check for $14?

Thanks again!

"Falky foo" wrote in message
gy.com...

Hi, I'm about to register a little dink in CA and I'm looking at the PDF
"Application for Registration Number" I downloaded from the Calif DMV
web
site. A couple of the fields they want me to fill out are the CF number

and

the "sticker issued" field .. but don't THEY do that? The fields aren't

in

a different part of the application or greyed out or anything, they
don't
say "for DMV use only," they're right at the top and available to be

filled

in by Acrobat. Do I just leave those blank and let them do it? If so,

what

other fields shouldn't I fill in before mailing it to them?

Thanks very much!

'nuther Bayliner

In California, DMV is staffed with union folks who can't stand working...

"Taco Heaven" wrote in message
In my state they actually have every quick phone response for both the DNR
and the DMV. They use a rolling registration, based upon the owners
birthday, so they are never overloaded. It does make it very easy to
register.

"Jim" wrote in message
k.net...

Taco Heaven wrote:

Why don't you call DMV of California?

Ya, like calling the DMV will put you on the phone with someone who knows
the answer. That's IF you get a human on the phone.

I'd mail in the $9 and then send in the rest when, and if, they billed me
for it.

If the form says "the total due for a new registration is $9", that may
include the $5.
Jim

"Falky foo" wrote in message
m...

Here's another question. The DMV site says the total due for a new
registration is $9, but then the actual law says:

"The application shall be signed by the owner of the vessel and shall be
accompanied by a fee of nine dollars ($9), in addition to the fees
required
under subdivision (b) ..."

Subdivision (b) says:

"(b) (1) Whenever the fee for original registration of a vessel becomes
due
between January 1 and December 31 of any even-numbered year, the
application
shall be accompanied by a fee of five dollars ($5), in addition to any
other
fees that are then due and payable."

So does that mean I send in a check for $14?

Thanks again!

"Falky foo" wrote in message
igy.com...

[...]

prodigal1

'nuther Bayliner wrote:
In California, DMV is staffed with union folks who can't stand working...

who says chimps can't type?
what an asshole
basskisser

"Taco Heaven" wrote in message news:YfB7d.308093$Fg5.143051@attbi_s53...
In my state they actually have every quick phone response for both the DNR
and the DMV. They use a rolling registration, based upon the owners
birthday, so they are never overloaded. It does make it very easy to
register.

So, because that works in YOUR state, you think it's what happens in
CA? Clearly, you don't have a damned clue, and just wanted to spew
some garbage.
Rosalie B.

"Taco Heaven" wrote:

In my state they actually have every quick phone response for both the DNR
and the DMV. They use a rolling registration, based upon the owners
birthday, so they are never overloaded. It does make it very easy to
register.

The question isn't about your state. And it isn't really about
whether they are overloaded or not.

I find that when you call a government agency (any one) with a
non-standard question you have about a 25% or less chance of getting
someone who actually knows the correct answer to your question. In
some cases it is 0% because there isn't a definitive answer or because
they've changed the law or regulations. And in addition, while there
may BE an answer the person answering the phone may not have the
resources or inclination to look the answer up. Far easier to make up
the answer.

If you have to resort to calling, you need to call several times, and
take names (of who you talk to).

Also DMV folks are notorious for screwing people over, just because
they can. In MY state (not CA), my daughter at age 19 went to
register her truck, and they made her go back and get her dad's
signature before she could do it. She did look like she was about 13,
but she HAD a driver's license with her picture and DOB, and when she
went to her dad's workplace and got his signature and came back, the
second person said "Oh you didn't need that".

"Jim" wrote in message
nk.net...

Taco Heaven wrote:

Why don't you call DMV of California?

Ya, like calling the DMV will put you on the phone with someone who knows
the answer. That's IF you get a human on the phone.

I'd mail in the $9 and then send in the rest when, and if, they billed me
for it.

If the form says "the total due for a new registration is $9", that may
include the $5.

That would be my idea too.

"Falky foo" wrote in message
m...

Here's another question. The DMV site says the total due for a new
registration is $9, but then the actual law says:

"The application shall be signed by the owner of the vessel and shall be
accompanied by a fee of nine dollars ($9), in addition to the fees
required under subdivision (b) ..."

Subdivision (b) says:

"(b) (1) Whenever the fee for original registration of a vessel becomes due
between January 1 and December 31 of any even-numbered year, the
application shall be accompanied by a fee of five dollars ($5), in addition to any
other fees that are then due and payable."

So does that mean I send in a check for $14?

Sound like a new registration is $9, and a renewal is $5 to me.

"Falky foo" wrote in message
igy.com...

Hi, I'm about to register a little dink in CA and I'm looking at the PDF
"Application for Registration Number" I downloaded from the Calif DMV
website. A couple of the fields they want me to fill out are the CF number
and the "sticker issued" field .. but don't THEY do that? The fields aren't in
a different part of the application or greyed out or anything, they don't
say "for DMV use only," they're right at the top and available to be filled
in by Acrobat. Do I just leave those blank and let them do it? If so, what
other fields shouldn't I fill in before mailing it to them?

Maybe the CF number is for if the dinghy has been previously
registered in California??

grandma Rosalie
Vito

"Rosalie B." wrote
Far easier to make up the answer.

If you have to resort to calling, you need to call several times, and
take names (of who you talk to).

Absolutely! Then make up the answer you wanted to hear and swear one of
those people gave it.

There is a simple solution for those living in California. Move! I did and
it worked great!