posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats,alt.sailing.asa

Default I have a 20-year-old diesel

"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote:

Both you and Ian are not pure sailors by definition.
You are auxiliary sailors which means you don't sail
but part of the time. You are not skilled enough or
patient enough to trust in your ability to sail
everywhere.

I've roughed it dinghy cruising when I was younger, but my sailing purist
days are over till I retire and have the time to wait for wind and tide
again.

I even crew for motor boaters! Unlike you, I dont have any issues with
power except the running costs. If good friends want me to conn their
boat for a couple of hours and feed me well on top of that, and think I'm
doing them a favour and wont hear of me kicking in on the expenses, I'll
make time to fit their trip in.

A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office and for
most of us working stiffs, a reliable engine gives us more days on the
water than we could otherwise fit in.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL
posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats,alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:07:48 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote this crap:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:29:04 -0400, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:21:11 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote this crap:

I have in my sailboat a 20-year-old diesel.

I've never used it because I use the sails. I just
can't figure out why it was installed in the first
place. It takes up valuable space and it's useless
weight. Now, its starting to rust all over - a real
eyesore.

What's wrong with people who pay for a motor in a
sailboat they don't really need? Do they think
it's *cool* to pretend to be a motorboat? Don't
they realize that a sailboat will never be a motor-
boat because of something called *hull speed*?

You're an idiot. It's nice to have a motor when docking. I can sail
into the dock but why make things harder? When you can afford a 35
ft. sailboat and a dock then you can tell me what I can do with the
motor. Your cheap ass inflatable doesn't need a motor anyway. My
toilet paper costs more than your sails.

Both you and Ian are not pure sailors by definition.

How do you know this?

You are auxiliary sailors which means you don't sail
but part of the time. You are not skilled enough or
patient enough to trust in your ability to sail
everywhere. Instead you *barge* your way into places
where you shouldn't go in the first place by using your
motor. Pretty soon it ends up that you use your motor
more than you use your sails.

You don't even know where I sail. I am a Mill's Race winner and I
have plenty of trophys from my Yacht Club. What have you got?

Instead of heading out for a day sail or an afternoon
sail, you start the motor and proceed thinking when you
get out of the harbor and traffic you can then bend on
the sails.

I've solo sailed to Put-in-Bay. Not many sailors can say that.

But, then you say to yourself. "I'm only going a little
way so why bother with the sails. I'll just keep using
the motor." Or you say, "I'll just unroll the headsail
and *act* like I'm sailing." I see it all the time and
so do you guys and you can't deny it.

You putter around the lake for a few hours and call yourself a sailor.
I've killed people like you then played the banjo and ordered pizza.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats,alt.sailing.asa

wrote in
:
wrote this crap:

[...]

I know you are a land locked lake sailor and that equals LUBBER!

have plenty of trophys from my Yacht Club. What have you got?

Racing is not sailing. It's a strictly artificial construct with
a bunch of dumb rules and dumber handicaps so slow boats like
your silly Erie Grog have a chance against the better boats.

Instead of heading out for a day sail or an afternoon
sail, you start the motor and proceed thinking when you
get out of the harbor and traffic you can then bend on
the sails.

I've solo sailed to Put-in-Bay. Not many sailors can say that.

Like I said, Land locked lubber! A big sissy who sails lakes
because the sea scares the crap out of you. LOL!!!

But, then you say to yourself. "I'm only going a little
way so why bother with the sails. I'll just keep using
the motor." Or you say, "I'll just unroll the headsail
and *act* like I'm sailing." I see it all the time and
so do you guys and you can't deny it.

You putter around the lake for a few hours and call yourself a
sailor. I've killed people like you then played the banjo and
ordered pizza.

You got it all mixed up, lubber! YOU are the lake sailor while
I'm the blue water sailor. Single-handed and thousands of miles
of it. No drama - just safe, secure, sane and enjoyable sailing.

--
Sir Gregory
posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.sailing.asa
52% 52% is offline

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
..
What's wrong with people who pay for a motor in a
sailboat they don't really need? Do they think
it's *cool* to pretend to be a motorboat? Don't
they realize that a sailboat will never be a motor-
boat because of something called *hull speed*?

..

Hokay...

Let's suppose you're becalmed in the Sargasso Sea & are being
ineluctably drawn towards what looks suspiciously like a vegetative
whirlpool "event" - **** whether it looks "cool" or not, just fire the
motor up & get the hell out - dOOd!..
..
posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa

On 05/09/2014 00:01, 52% wrote:

Hokay...

Let's suppose you're becalmed in the Sargasso Sea & are being
ineluctably drawn towards what looks suspiciously like a vegetative
whirlpool "event" - **** whether it looks "cool" or not, just fire the
motor up & get the hell out - dOOd!..
..

Just ignore him is best.

He's obviously not aware of planing hulls either...

Andy

Looking for a diesel launch or 24ft or smaller cc diesel Ratliff Logging and Management General 3 October 14th 10 04:38 AM
Another diesel OB CalifBill General 81 December 31st 08 06:42 PM
Eau de Diesel Frogwatch Cruising 9 February 10th 07 01:03 AM
Which diesel stewart menday General 0 August 18th 03 08:23 AM