posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats,alt.sailing.asa

Default I have a 20-year-old diesel

I have in my sailboat a 20-year-old diesel.

I've never used it because I use the sails. I just
can't figure out why it was installed in the first
place. It takes up valuable space and it's useless
weight. Now, its starting to rust all over - a real
eyesore.

What's wrong with people who pay for a motor in a
sailboat they don't really need? Do they think
it's *cool* to pretend to be a motorboat? Don't
they realize that a sailboat will never be a motor-
boat because of something called *hull speed*?

--
Sir Gregory

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:21:11 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

I have in my sailboat a 20-year-old diesel.

I've never used it because I use the sails. I just
can't figure out why it was installed in the first
place. It takes up valuable space and it's useless
weight. Now, its starting to rust all over - a real
eyesore.

What's wrong with people who pay for a motor in a
sailboat they don't really need? Do they think
it's *cool* to pretend to be a motorboat? Don't
they realize that a sailboat will never be a motor-
boat because of something called *hull speed*?

===

That's an old, tired out troll. Don't you have any fresh material?

wrote:

I have in my sailboat a 20-year-old diesel.

I've never used it because I use the sails. I just
can't figure out why it was installed in the first
place. It takes up valuable space and it's useless
weight. Now, its starting to rust all over - a real
eyesore.

What's wrong with people who pay for a motor in a
sailboat they don't really need? Do they think
it's *cool* to pretend to be a motorboat? Don't
they realize that a sailboat will never be a motor-
boat because of something called *hull speed*?

===

That's an old, tired out troll. Don't you have any fresh material?

It was fresh enough to hook you. LOL! Besides, this group
is DEAD anyway. It makes a good test group to make sure
posts propagate. Everybody went away and are too busy on
FB and Twitter, yacking away as if they are somebody.

The fools!

--
Sir Gregory

wrote:

[...]

Yup, they went away. Cruising. While you stayed behind in your little
yellow toy.
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

Even better, your boat has that outboard you trumpet so loudly...

Currently fighting a GPS issue myself...

L8R

Skip

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

[...]

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:05:05 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Even better, your boat has that outboard you trumpet so loudly...

Are you talking to me or Bruce? I doubt Bruce needs an
engine at all since he's a land lubber now whose boat
rots at the dock - a sad reminder of his failed aspirations.

Currently fighting a GPS issue myself...

Tell us about it. Wayne and Bruce will advise you to
simply hook up the wires backwards and that will
solve your problems.

LOL!

--
Sir Gregory

posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats,alt.sailing.asa

"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote in
:

What's wrong with people who pay for a motor in a
sailboat they don't really need? Do they think
it's *cool* to pretend to be a motorboat? Don't
they realize that a sailboat will never be a motor-
boat because of something called *hull speed*?

Try leaving the inside row of trots in a couple of knots of tide on a
twisty river with a high wooded bank on one side and a modern multistory
residential development on the other is a safe and seamanlike manner
without one.

The wind's too flukey to sail on or off the inner row moorings due to the
buildings unless a rare northeasterly is strong enough to stem the tide
ubder genoa.

The days of individual swinging moorings with enough room to not only
sail on/off them but also recover from a flubbed approach without
resorting to engine are long gone in most areas due to the pressure for
moring space.

Lets not even get into the subject of dead end berths in river marinas
exposed to the current.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL

wrote this crap:

I have in my sailboat a 20-year-old diesel.

I've never used it because I use the sails. I just
can't figure out why it was installed in the first
place. It takes up valuable space and it's useless
weight. Now, its starting to rust all over - a real
eyesore.

What's wrong with people who pay for a motor in a
sailboat they don't really need? Do they think
it's *cool* to pretend to be a motorboat? Don't
they realize that a sailboat will never be a motor-
boat because of something called *hull speed*?

You're an idiot. It's nice to have a motor when docking. I can sail
into the dock but why make things harder? When you can afford a 35
ft. sailboat and a dock then you can tell me what I can do with the
motor. Your cheap ass inflatable doesn't need a motor anyway. My
toilet paper costs more than your sails.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

wrote this crap:

I have in my sailboat a 20-year-old diesel.

I've never used it because I use the sails. I just
can't figure out why it was installed in the first
place. It takes up valuable space and it's useless
weight. Now, its starting to rust all over - a real
eyesore.

What's wrong with people who pay for a motor in a
sailboat they don't really need? Do they think
it's *cool* to pretend to be a motorboat? Don't
they realize that a sailboat will never be a motor-
boat because of something called *hull speed*?

You're an idiot. It's nice to have a motor when docking. I can sail
into the dock but why make things harder? When you can afford a 35
ft. sailboat and a dock then you can tell me what I can do with the
motor. Your cheap ass inflatable doesn't need a motor anyway. My
toilet paper costs more than your sails.

Both you and Ian are not pure sailors by definition.
You are auxiliary sailors which means you don't sail
but part of the time. You are not skilled enough or
patient enough to trust in your ability to sail
everywhere. Instead you *barge* your way into places
where you shouldn't go in the first place by using your
motor. Pretty soon it ends up that you use your motor
more than you use your sails.

Instead of heading out for a day sail or an afternoon
sail, you start the motor and proceed thinking when you
get out of the harbor and traffic you can then bend on
the sails.

But, then you say to yourself. "I'm only going a little
way so why bother with the sails. I'll just keep using
the motor." Or you say, "I'll just unroll the headsail
and *act* like I'm sailing." I see it all the time and
so do you guys and you can't deny it.

--
Sir Gregory

Looking for a diesel launch or 24ft or smaller cc diesel Ratliff Logging and Management General 3 October 14th 10 04:38 AM
Another diesel OB CalifBill General 81 December 31st 08 07:42 PM
Eau de Diesel Frogwatch Cruising 9 February 10th 07 02:03 AM
Which diesel stewart menday General 0 August 18th 03 08:23 AM