Banned

Location: CHEAP CELEBREX 100mg IN USA PURCHASE ONLINE
Send a message via ICQ to CELEBREXBUY

BUY GENERIC CELEBREX 100mg ONLINE IN CANADA - wbc levels high celebrex
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

Default Cruising Web Sites?

On Nov 22, 10:59*am, Wayne.B wrote:
Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. * That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. * That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

I'll start with some that I've found:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/

http://cruisersnet.net/

http://www.trawlercrawler.net/

http://ssca.org/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?pg=home&title=Home
(membership required)

http://www.noonsite.com/

http://www.mtoa.net/

https://activecaptain.com/
(Interactive Cruising Guide Book - good online charts and local
knowledge)

A word to the wise: *None of these groups tolerate asshats, personal
insults or political discussion. *Don't even think about it.

Seeing I'm not a cruiser, but a runabout kinda guy I usually hit up
http://forums.iboats.com/forum.php

I like to watch the rebuilds and restorations. A lot of useful stuff
there. Same way with http://www.thehulltruth.com/

I've attended some other boating forums but they were mostly small
communique's between friends as were slow moving.

So, those are about the only two that i know of.

Anybody got any suggestions on a site dedicated to cruising the Ohio,
Cumberland, Mississippi and other various mid-west rivers? I'd
appreciate it. I can't do the whole inner coastal, but it would be
nice to do the Ohio/ Ky Lake cruise next year. god tips are always
appreciated.
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Rocna anchors recall notice (was) Cruising Web Sites?

Hi, all,

Changing the title so this thread doesn't ENTIRELY go off the rails...

Rocna put out a recall notice which was complete in its explanation of the
shank difficulties alleged/alluded to by another poster here. In my mind,
though I'll not be affected by it, they have properly and adequately dealt
with the issue.

Look it up, if you're concerned. I've resolved any potential concern for
myself (and it's not my job to educate you or quash rumors for any concerns
or issues you may have) and the batch of mild steel which mistakenly made it
into some anchors is no longer an issue - certainly, to me.

Thanks for the heads-up. If your Rocna is several years old, you would do
well to look up the document and exercise the very generous provisions
therein for yourself.

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other
people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your own inner voice;
and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary".
- Steve Jobs

See our galleries atwww.justpickone.org/skip/gallery!

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other
people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your own inner voice;
and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary".
- Steve Jobs

Wow. And I thought an anchor was a cement block tied to a nylon rope.

i guess I need to expand my horizons ....

?;^ )
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:09:15 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Wow. And I thought an anchor was a cement block tied to a nylon rope.

i guess I need to expand my horizons ....

====

It's probably better to take a bunch of old burned out alternators and
tie them together. :-)

wrote:

Wow. And I thought an anchor was a cement block tied to a nylon rope.

i guess I need to expand my horizons ....

====

It's probably better to take a bunch of old burned out alternators and
tie them together. * *:-)

I'd think that heavy diesel starters work better, Wayne....

?8^ 0

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:39:14 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

The trial is set for Dec 2nd. I shall appraise the group as to the
results of the litigation.

===

So how did things go?

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:52:06 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

wrote:

The trial is set for Dec 2nd. I shall appraise the group as to the
results of the litigation.

===

So how did things go?

Maybe he doesn't have computer access from the chain gang.

Or maybe too busy working on his appeal.

--Vic

Default NOT GUILTY!!!

wrote:

The trial is set for Dec 2nd. I shall appraise the group as to the
results of the litigation.

===

So how did things go?

NOT GUILTY!!!! I'm going to get a transcript from the clerk of the
court and plan to post it soon.

The FWC came to court and said they had charged me under the wrong
paragraph. Instead of paragraph (1) they wanted to change it to
paragraph (2) the one that gives the requirements for a houseboat.

The judge asked me if I'd like a continuance. I said I was prepared to
defend against paragraph (2) charges.

I finally convinced the court that my vessel did not meet the statutory
definition of houseboat {paragraph (2)} after considerable wrangling.
The judge was obviously on the side of the state as he even had somebody
bring him a dictionary so he could look up the word, "preclusion". Then
he tried to construe the meaning of "transportation" as something more
complicated than just going out for a day sail or a week-end sail.

Then they had the nerve to go back to paragraph (1) even though the
officer said he had listed it wrong on the statute and meant paragraph
(2). The long and short of it was that I provided enough evidence that
the judge was forced to come back with a not guilty verdict. He even had
the nerve to say something along the lines of, "Officer________, I don't
like it and I'm sure you don't like it but Mr. Hubbard is in compliance
with the statutes." Then he had the nerve to suggest that perhaps the
FWC should work on getting paragraph (2) changed to eliminate the second
clause that talks about preclusionary use. IOW the FWC wants to define a
houseboat as any vessel on which somebody lives more than 21 days in a
month's period.

They are going to have little joy with this as federal law defines a
vessel and has only allowed Florida to regulate houseboats because the
definition of a houseboat is NOT that of a vessel as a houseboat has
conditions that preclude it's use as transportation.

The FWS and courts are against boaters. It's patently obvious to this
sailor.

Will be getting a copy of the trial transcript and will post it soon as
it might be fascinating to interested boaters.

Wilbur Hubbard

wrote:

The trial is set for Dec 2nd. I shall appraise the group as to the
results of the litigation.

===

So how did things go?

Maybe he doesn't have computer access from the chain gang.

Oh ye of little faith!

Wilbur Hubbard

Cruising Web Sites? Wayne.B General 22 January 18th 12 01:22 AM
Volvo penta web sites Doug V. Cruising 2 September 12th 04 11:58 AM
Too many paddling web sites... joempie General 2 July 29th 04 12:04 PM
Too many paddling web sites joempie Whitewater 0 July 26th 04 07:02 PM
Too many paddling web sites joempie UK Paddle 0 July 26th 04 06:58 PM