posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

Default Cruising Web Sites?

On Nov 22, 10:59*am, Wayne.B wrote:
Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. * That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. * That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

I'll start with some that I've found:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/

http://cruisersnet.net/

http://www.trawlercrawler.net/

http://ssca.org/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?pg=home&title=Home
(membership required)

http://www.noonsite.com/

http://www.mtoa.net/

https://activecaptain.com/
(Interactive Cruising Guide Book - good online charts and local
knowledge)

A word to the wise: *None of these groups tolerate asshats, personal
insults or political discussion. *Don't even think about it.

Seeing I'm not a cruiser, but a runabout kinda guy I usually hit up
http://forums.iboats.com/forum.php

I like to watch the rebuilds and restorations. A lot of useful stuff
there. Same way with http://www.thehulltruth.com/

I've attended some other boating forums but they were mostly small
communique's between friends as were slow moving.

So, those are about the only two that i know of.

Anybody got any suggestions on a site dedicated to cruising the Ohio,
Cumberland, Mississippi and other various mid-west rivers? I'd
appreciate it. I can't do the whole inner coastal, but it would be
nice to do the Ohio/ Ky Lake cruise next year. god tips are always
appreciated.