posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Cruising Web Sites?

Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

I'll start with some that I've found:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/

http://cruisersnet.net/

http://www.trawlercrawler.net/

http://ssca.org/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?pg=home&title=Home
(membership required)

http://www.noonsite.com/

http://www.mtoa.net/

https://activecaptain.com/
(Interactive Cruising Guide Book - good online charts and local
knowledge)

A word to the wise: None of these groups tolerate asshats, personal
insults or political discussion. Don't even think about it.

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

In article ,
says...

Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

I'll start with some that I've found:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/

http://cruisersnet.net/

http://www.trawlercrawler.net/

http://ssca.org/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?pg=home&title=Home
(membership required)

http://www.noonsite.com/

http://www.mtoa.net/

https://activecaptain.com/
(Interactive Cruising Guide Book - good online charts and local
knowledge)

A word to the wise: None of these groups tolerate asshats, personal
insults or political discussion. Don't even think about it.

That's okay, Harry doesn't have a boat!
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On Nov 22, 2:00*pm, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. * That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. * That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

I'll start with some that I've found:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/

http://cruisersnet.net/

http://www.trawlercrawler.net/

http://ssca.org/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?pg=home&title=Home
(membership required)

http://www.noonsite.com/

http://www.mtoa.net/

https://activecaptain.com/
(Interactive Cruising Guide Book - good online charts and local
knowledge)

A word to the wise: *None of these groups tolerate asshats, personal
insults or political discussion. *Don't even think about it.

That's okay, Harry doesn't have a boat!- Hide quoted text -

....and the usual disruptive regulars have little interest in boating.
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On 11/22/11 1:04 PM, North Star wrote:
On Nov 22, 2:00 pm, wrote:
In ,
says...

[...]

Gee...does W'hine behave on those sites?
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

In article 04959ed1-274a-4a97-9764-1a4a14841e76
@t16g2000vba.googlegroups.com, says...

[...]

My reply was about boating, or lack thereof.

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On 22/11/2011 11:00 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,
says...

Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

I'll start with some that I've found:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/

http://cruisersnet.net/

http://www.trawlercrawler.net/

http://ssca.org/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?pg=home&title=Home
(membership required)

http://www.noonsite.com/

http://www.mtoa.net/

https://activecaptain.com/
(Interactive Cruising Guide Book - good online charts and local
knowledge)

A word to the wise: None of these groups tolerate asshats, personal
insults or political discussion. Don't even think about it.

That's okay, Harry doesn't have a boat!

He does, it is about 6 inches long in the tub that holds his rubber ducky.
--
All successful people have one thing in common, if even for a moment
they think rationally.

On 22/11/2011 11:59 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

I'll start with some that I've found:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/

http://cruisersnet.net/

http://www.trawlercrawler.net/

http://ssca.org/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?pg=home&title=Home
(membership required)

http://www.noonsite.com/

http://www.mtoa.net/

https://activecaptain.com/
(Interactive Cruising Guide Book - good online charts and local
knowledge)

A word to the wise: None of these groups tolerate asshats, personal
insults or political discussion. Don't even think about it.

I use cruisersforum, ssca (member) and activecaptain.
I've used noonsite from time to time to access a particular blog from a
long term cruiser
I've corresponded with for many years. Speaking of which, I finally met
up with Roger yesterday
in Elizabeth City after crossing paths in Reedsville and then
Deltaville and finally on the Dismal Swamp.

We've crossed the Albemarle this morning and are sitting quietly in the
Alligator River Marina waiting to see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully,
we can get through the bridge and up into the river proper. Where are
you currently?

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:59:57 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

very useful. thanks much

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
Most serious cruisers have migrated off of newsgroups and onto
moderated web based forums. That is regrettable in my opinion but
you can't fight city hall. That said, let's start a thread here
listing some of the better cruising web sites.

snipped repeat of hyperlinks

Thanks for the effort, perhaps some people might find them of value, but
not me . . .

I can't abide moderated forums. I find them to all be abodes of bully
moderators who think their **** doesn't stink so they goose-step up and
down the aisles lording their superiority and power over anybody they
don't happen to like and with those they happen to disagree with. If I
want a dictator I'll move to Cuba.

When the oceans of the world become moderated that is when this sailor
will give up sailing as an endeavor no longer worth pursuing.

Wilbur Hubbard

Cruising Web Sites? Wayne.B General 22 January 18th 12 01:22 AM
Volvo penta web sites Doug V. Cruising 2 September 12th 04 11:58 AM
Too many paddling web sites... joempie General 2 July 29th 04 12:04 PM
Too many paddling web sites joempie Whitewater 0 July 26th 04 07:02 PM
Too many paddling web sites joempie UK Paddle 0 July 26th 04 06:58 PM